At Datadog, People Operations is more than just human resources—it’s a data-driven team dedicated to constantly improving the way we hire, develop, and support our most valuable asset: our people. Our People Operations team are strategic problem solvers who work closely with leadership and employees to ensure that Datadog keeps scaling smoothly and remains a great place to work.
Monitor, manage and reconcile payroll taxes at the employer and employee level. Includes reconciliation to the general ledger as well as to Workday/ADP Tax Service reports, preparation, and ensuring compliance. The candidate will also be responsible for processing of payroll and other special projects. The Payroll Specialist will work closely with the HR, Payroll & Benefits and Finance teams to scale a major function of the company.
- Process payroll information using Workday/Trinet to ensure compliance and accuracy and to meet all deadlines for payroll transmission and reporting
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate filings by payroll provider
- Work with Finance to reconcile payroll taxes to the general ledger and journal entries
- Special projects and other duties as assigned, including system implementations, process improvement projects and compliance audits
- Apply knowledge of IRS regulations, as well as state taxes, wage and hour laws, and local tax requirements to ensure compliance
- Research and reconcile payroll taxes from prior periods
- Ensure 941s and W-2s are accurate, processed timely and remitted to the appropriate agencies by required due dates
- Provide ad hoc payroll reporting as needed
- Improve internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404; maintain required documentation and support the testing of payroll
- Support tax updates and year-end testing
- At least two years of payroll experience in a mid- or large-sized organization
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience with Workday a plus
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Ability to maintain data confidentiality with a strong sense of professional integrity
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- Strong knowledge of payroll protocols, particularly with IRS regulations, federal, state and local tax and labor laws, as well as IRS Sections 401(k) and 125, and worker’s compensation
- Strong commitment to customer service and ability to communicate concisely, both written and verbally
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross-functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multitask
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization. These capabilities are provided on a SaaS-based data analytics platform that enables DevOps and other teams to accelerate go-to-market efforts, ensure application uptime, and successfully complete digital transformation initiatives.