GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
To hang and tank off compressor tanks for the daily needs of the assembly lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to learn and perform multiple jobs in the powder paint area.
- Use of hand tools, battery, electric, and pneumatic tools
- Keep work area clean and work safely and use required PPE.
- Able to work overtime with little notice.
- Work well with team members.
- Assist with training of new employees.
- Must be able to up to 20 pounds repetitively in shift.
- Understands and follows the Jackson site’s environmental policy and the environmental impacts associated with their work activities.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and work well under fast pace situations.
- Must be able to receive constructive criticism and show immediate improvement.
- Able to work multiple shifts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED Required. Preferred: 1 year experience in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand; regularly required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear; and occasionally required to climb or balance.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions, extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.