P-TECH Industry Liaison
- Newly created role!
- No two days are the same
- 24-month fixed-term, based at south Auckland schools
We are the trusted partner for Australia and New Zealand’s businesses and governments as they reinvent using cloud, AI and blockchain within a secure environment. Our clients succeed because of our world-leading researchers, engineers and designers and our deep industry expertise. We celebrate our diversity and unite in our passion for IBM. We are #anewIBM
P-TECH (Pathways in Technology) is a three way partnership between high school, tertiary education partner and business, and enables students to develop digital and work ready skills. Students graduate with a Diploma and skills that will enable them to secure an entry-level position in a STEM-related industry, or continue further study.
We are looking for a conduit between IBM and P-TECH to join our New Zealand team, as the P-TECH Industry Liasion.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for the administration of the P-TECH NZ pilot program
- Overall development, co-ordination and execution of employer-specific projects at P-TECH schools
- Day-to-day collaboration between IBM, the P-TECH pilot schools and other P-TECH industry partners to ensure long-term success for commitments and goals.
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong communication (verbal and written)
- Able to build and nurture relationships quickly, and move with ease between education and business spheres
- Able to juggle multiple priorities
- Solution-focused approach
What experience do I need?
- 4+ years in a Program Management role or a role in the education system (eg. High school teacher)
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]