Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re out to transform transportation logistics through technology, and our multimillion-dollar commitment to IT underscores its importance to our vision. As the Oracle Software Developer, you will be responsible for analyzing business problems and proposing software solutions. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Develop, test and maintain database software; comply with standards and processes related to producing quality software and documentation
- Convert system designs and technical specifications into program code for moderately-sized applications
- Provide estimates as needed
- Update project manager with accurate status of assigned activities; escalate issues for timely resolution
- Optimize/troubleshoot database code and correct as required
- Provide support to resolve systems-related issues, including periodic 24/7 on-call rotational support
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years of experience developing applications for Oracle databases using moderately-complex PL/SQL procedures and packages
- Experience with and understanding of relational databases, data modeling, internet technologies, client/server architectures, structured development and test methodologies
- Solid troubleshooting skills
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience with .NET or Java
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including periodic 24/7 on-call support as part of the team’s rotational schedule
- Knowledge of warehouse, order and inventory management applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Named one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune magazine, XPO is a global leader in logistics and transportation, providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to successful companies around the globe. Our 100,000 talented employees work at over 1,500 locations in 32 countries. We’re [...]