Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is a 13 billion dollar diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, electronic security solutions, mechanical access solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
This opportunity resides within STANLEY Electronic Security, a global division of Stanley Black & Decker. At STANLEY Electronic Security we design, install, service, and monitor electronic security systems that integrate intrusion, fire, video surveillance, access control, and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, STANLEY Electronic Security is the electronic security system provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, airports and more.
Reports To: Leader, Central Operations Center of Excellence
Provide leadership for all aspects of Operational account management responsibilities for our largest key strategic customers. This includes working with our Field Organization and other internal departments for planning and delivering Installation projects and overseeing the Service Ticket portfolio for our largest customers. This position will establish appropriate operational customer relationships, be the primary point of contact with our largest key customers post-sales, and effectively manage the customer touchpoints within our organization.
This position will work closely with other departments such as Engineering, the Field delivery organization, Sales Executives, Finance, Software Solutions Group, Legal, Account Planners, Billing/AR, and other support groups.
This position is in our Fishers, Indiana corporate headquarters location.
- The Operations Account Manager is the focal point for Customer communications of performance, metrics, issues, and other account items.
- Oversee the delivery of Installation projects via Central Operations personnel and/or Field delivery personnel. May directly manage some projects.
- Work closely with Service and the Field delivery organization to ensure Service Ticket performance is in line with standards and SLA’s.
- Serve as the escalation point for operational issues with each account as they may arise and facilitate resolutions through various internal groups.
- Establish relationships with appropriate Customer contacts. Develop and maintain communication rhythms with each customer based on their needs as well as our standard reporting and communication processes.
- Manage and deliver key Customer/account metrics including items such as the Quarterly Scorecard Review, Metrics surrounding Install projects and Service Ticket performance, Monitoring statistics, SLA attainment, etc.
- Review and analyze account data to identify issues/trends and identify opportunities for improvements. Plan and implement improvement opportunities for accounts.
- Collaborate with other groups to align on operating interactions and processes, optimize delivery efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and deliver a regular set of information and communications for Internal Stakeholders.
- Work closely with Sales Executives on understanding Customer account needs and plans for continued growth. Identify additional sales opportunities within the accounts and facilitate the quoting process through the Account Planner team.
- Meet targets and goals set forth by leadership.
- Provide forecasting information.
- Contribute to pre-sales support in pursuit of new customer opportunities or additional opportunities within existing accounts. Contribute to RFP’s/proposals as needed.
- Work with the Sales Executives to help predict resource needs 30/60/90 days out.
- Support other groups as needs arise.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and set priorities and work in a highly deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to analyze data and turn into actionable improvement opportunities.
- History of excellence / superior performance against internal benchmarks.
- Previous Operations Management experience preferred.
- Previous experience working closely supporting Sales teams preferred.
- Ability to professionally diffuse and resolve difficult customer situations.
- Preferred knowledge of Security industry products systems including Video, Access, and Intrusion.
- Previous management/supervisory experience.
- Position based in our Fishers, Indiana corporate headquarters. Potential relocation for the right candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or management field and/or 5 years operations management experience.
- CSPM or PMP certification highly desired.
- Prefer three-plus years of security system experience
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.