System Services Representatives are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and software support and delivery of operational services. Sound pretty important? Absolutely! You will advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may drastically impact product performance or impair the client's IT operation.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- 5+ years experience in Open Source product support and implementation
- RHEL, JBoss, Satellite, Ansible, Open Shift or othe Opne source certification will be a plus
- Software support engineer with experience in implement & build of large-scale system architecture.
- Troubleshooting of various aspects (OS, MW, Application)
- In-depth knowledge of IT technology (System OS, Sotrage, Middleware, Networking)
- Strong hands-on experience with Open Source products.
- Ability to work independently & Collaborate in team work.
- Excellent communication skills regarding technical and non-technical concepts.
- Daily activities include direct customer engagement, knowledge sharing & collaborative solution implementation, POC test execution, include on call 24/7 support.
- Acts as a technical interface to customers for software support and the delivery of operational services as required by the customer.
- Performs technical service and/or post sale support for Open Source. Assists in services activities including systems assurance, installation, account management, basic problem determination.
- Using established and varied techniques and procedures to perform basic problem determination and problem solving. Resolve customer software operational situations.
- Understands and is able to articulate IBM's technical support delivery methodology, particularly, as it relates to base and enhanced support.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Exhibits excellent communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Applies specialized technical training, experience and knowledge to assist customers.
- Demonstrates required proficiency in technical skills for this position.
- Strong Service & Business Mind.
- Normal/flexible office conditions at IBM and customer locations.
- Frequent daily travel. Irregular customer-driven work hours including shift and weekend activities.
- High availability and responsiveness goals; require use of many communications technologies.
- Good command of English.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Possesses experience with System, Software or Server
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]