We are seeking an experienced Office Manager who will have responsibilities for the management of the day to day operational needs. This person will manage the office support staff and facilities operations of a dynamic and growing workplace that supports 70 employees and visitors. The position will require extensive knowledge of space management, security, general administration, process improvements, procurement, maintenance contracts, vendor management, environmental safety, housekeeping, and managing company events. The Gurugram office manager will report into senior facilities management based in Hong Kong while maintaining strong working relationships and accountability with local leadership.
GLG Office Manager is minimally responsible for:
Facilities Operations and Administration Oversight. Daily operations and administration of Gurugram office including maintaining optimal working environment related to people flow, work spaces, pantry area, and environmental systems. Act on and coordinate repair and maintenance including electrical plumbing and mechanical systems, security, and health and safety mandates. Maintain office accounts, vendor relationships, expenses and office invoices, inventory and control of office materials and supplies, and maintain budgets. Interface with landlord and maintenance staff to ensure proper operating procedures and building systems. Vendor management such as mail services, food deliveries and other outside resources to support staff workplace needs including managing costs and schedules to meet the budget plan and ensure compliance with safety and operational procedures.
Assist to create, improve and maintain office procedures and guidelines. Work with HR, IT, accounting and other departments to ensure health and safety policies, business continuity and fiscal responsibility. Liaise with Government authorities whenever required.
Staff Management and Communication. Manage, coordinate and train outsourced facilities team members, food service vendors and others to ensure smooth daily office operations. Respond to facilities related requests from staff, execute solutions, manage tasks through completion and follow up to measure results. Assist with office communications, executive visits and new hire on-boarding.
Meeting and Event Coordination. Organize in-office and off-site events & gatherings, including space reservations, food and beverage ordering, run-of-show meeting attendance, verify budgets, scope and approval. Ensure rooms, equipment, catering, supplies and materials meet expectations and communications are maintained with corporate staff. Organize and manage company engagement activities (i.e. Town Hall, off-site meetings, festive party, etc)
Space Planning and Office Coordination. Working with the Senior Facilities Manager, connect with senior management and facilities leadership on department reorganizations and coordinate staff office moves with diplomacy and efficiency. Able to read floor plans and create documents related to moves, adds and changes as well as have a general understanding of building systems and interior fit-out construction. Establish & implement office standards & procedures. Perform additional ad-hoc tasks and initiatives as needed.
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all of our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- A high degree of trustworthiness and excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently on projects and be flexible to communicate and work with GLG teams
- Able to lead a facilities staff and drive employee engagement
- Must be extremely efficient, creative and resourceful while maintaining highest professional standards
- Must have superior professional, academic and character references
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university required, preferably in field related to facilities planning, design and construction or hospitality planning
- Minimum 5 years office administration and management experience required
- Must have experience managing budgets and leading people and projects
- Experience in procurement, sourcing and contract negotiation
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.) in both English and local language:
- Willingness to run errands per needs of the business
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Comfortable is a fast-paced and dynamic environment
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and alternative strategies
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 600,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,800 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.Apply
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.