We are EA:
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Modern video games rely on many different services behind the scenes. From matchmaking, marketplace, and social features to anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations. This ever-changing and ever-growing ecosystem exposes new operational challenges with every new game launch.
We’re looking for a Network Engineer to:
- Provide day-to-day L3 support for the networking infrastructure, including on-call and war room support. Take direct involvement in resolution of outages in coordination with other groups.
- Provide Network Engineering skills and support for network projects and tasks. You are always looking to improve our environments.
- Responsible for accurate and consumable documentation for projects and root cause analysis
- Responsible for building technical consensus and fostering and environment that allows the team to grow and evolve in capability
- You are a player and partner advocate in everything that you do.
What a Network Engineer does at EA:
You are a technical expert able to solve complex problems and are considered a leading technical influencer for your teams. Your scope includes numerous technology disciplines that allow you to work on ambiguous problem areas. You apply appropriate technologies and best practices, delivering projects that have significant business and customer impact. You manage your work and your time without guidance and are trusted to deliver output while reducing complexity. You contribute to team strategy on ways to modernize legacy environments. You understand the interaction between various networks and systems components and ensure your contributions and that of your team are mindful of performance, reliability, scalability and availability. You define how automation will be utilized, issue pseudo-code, and help build machine-readable methods to automate or validate your work.
The artifacts you produce are automated, documented, secure, maintainable, scalable and have minimal defects. You understand the business impact of most systems and show good judgment when making technical trade-offs between short-term and long-term technology or operational needs. You drive productive interchanges with customers, peers and team members on many functional levels, including guidance and reviews. You understand that not all problems are new. You are an exceptional operational resource able to identify, resolve and guide a wide range of operational and performance issues of the networks and systems under the purview of your teams.
The next great EA Network Engineer needs:
- BS/MS in an Engineering field – Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- Experience with network support/operations/engineering experience
- Experience with AWS public cloud technologies (will also consider GCP or Azure)
- Knowledge of network provider and carrier offerings (for WAN, LAN, MAN, MPLS, carrier neutral co-lo)
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, subnets, routing and switching
- Strong knowledge of routing protocols (BGP and OSPF preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Cisco and Juniper devices
- Management and configuration of L4-L7 Load Balancers, SSL (Citrix Netscaler preferred)
- Operational knowledge of security concepts and technologies – Stateful packet filtering, access lists, firewalls, WAF, IDS, IDP, DDoS and other risk mitigation strategies
- Network Tools: SevOne, IPAM, NetMRI, Netflow tools, Radware, Rancid, protocol analyzers
- Systems Administration: Unix & Linux network tools
- Authentication services: Radius, TACACS/TACACS+
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
Good to have:
- Programming experience (Python preferred)
- Automation experience with Ansible
- Proven Architecture/Design experience
- Experienced with GIT
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.