EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
EA’s NBA LIVE 18 had an impressive launch, thanks to many awesome features like The One, an all-new dynamic game experience centered around the player, the choices they make, and how they will define their legacy on the court.
Basketball in Spain produces some of the best international players to ever step foot on an NBA court. In addition, both of Spain’s women and men’s national teams dominate the European leagues, and are always in medal contention when the Olympics come around. That’s why EA SPORTS is excited to announce that we are expanding our NBA LIVE console team into Madrid – where the passion for the sport is only matched by the talent on the ground.
Are you a video game enthusiast whose passion is to develop interactive software?
The Challenge Ahead:
Video Game programming is intellectually demanding work. Our software engineers are faced with daily challenges that involve physics (from collision detection to complex physical reactions), advanced rendering techniques (from complex 3D math to hardware shading), artificial intelligence (from path finding to scripting), optimizations (from complex algorithms to hardware specific changes) and more. We need your help to come up with creative solutions.
What a C++ Software Engineer does at EA:
Specifically, we are seeking Software Engineers who will be responsible for writing specific or multi-purpose code for areas such as: Networking, User interface, Scripting Systems, memory & performance optimization.
The next great EA C++ Software Engineer also needs:
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Good communication and writing skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong math skills
- Self-starter who can work with others in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing project requirements and continuous feedback
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technology, platforms, and game areas
- The best candidates will have completed personal game or domain expertise projects independent of school
- And of course - enjoys working (and playing!) in a dynamic, cutting edge environment
- C++ is a must have.
- Scripting Languages a plus.
- C# is desired but not critical.
- Python is advantageous but not critical.
- Basic understanding of
- multithreaded processing
- client-server architecture
- object oriented programming
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- Click here if you want to know more about our location
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.