Job TitleNational Sales Training Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Design, develop and implement comprehensive sales training programs that supports the sales objectives within the Dental Professional (DP) Channel
You are responsible for
As a National Sales Training Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Development and delivery of all new hire training modules on product knowledge, supporting clinicals, and science of technology and impact on oral health.
- Work with other functions to develop and deliver sales modules on territory management, selling skills, sales tools usage and CRM system for field sales & inside sales reps located throughout the US and Canada.
- Integrating the “business of dentistry” into the curriculum (eg, focus on production; tools to mitigate cancellations; tools to drive new patient acquisition; etc.).
- Facilitates all components Philips training programs including classroom training for new hires and continuing education for existing sales staff.
- Role will be responsible for migrating more training modules to digital platform for integrated training.
- Accountable to institute “continuous improvement” program for training. Need to include assessments for modules to determine need to: a) strengthen; b) de-emphasize; c) eliminate; d) expand; e) change format, etc.
- Also responsible for the field deployment plan (to ensure classroom / online training modules are “put into practice” by the training team. Sales Specialists are trained via “train-the-trainer” program led by this role. Responsible to deploy program to drive continuous improvement program for ‘trainees’ based on feedback from field trainers.
- Responsible for developing and coaching a team of Field Sales Trainers (including Mentors).
- Serves as subject matter expert for sales training, sales processes and support systems
- Establishes a vision for Philips training and develops the necessary objectives, tactics and metrics to make that vision a reality.
- Responsible for conducting new hire training for all field sales reps located within the US & Canada as well as classroom training for inside sales reps.
- Schedules, facilitates and executes all classroom-training classes. Develops and updates a results-based and comprehensive training agenda.
- Works in conjunction with internal resources to properly on-board all new field & inside sales reps to the organization.
- Works in conjunction with the Regional Management team & administrative support to organize all travel arrangements and activities for each participant’s training period
- Continually analyzes training needs of existing sales team; develops and facilitates training programs/webinars as necessary
- Collaborates with Regional Management team to provide additional training to help overcome gaps in product knowledge, territory management or selling skills deficiencies with specific members of the field & inside sales teams
- Continually evaluates and updates field-based new hire training. Communicates expectations to field sales trainers and mentor team.
- Working in tandem with the Sales Organization’s (SO’s) marketing team, develops, writes and coordinates all product and sales training modules.
- Responsible for the sales team’s comprehension and ability to sell all products in the Philips portfolio.
- Gathers best practices from members of the field & inside sales teams and regularly communicates them to the broader audience
- Co-travels with field sales reps once / quarter to assess skill sets and to modify training curriculum accordingly to ensure maximum impact. Based on observations while in the field, provide feedback and discuss coaching opportunities with Regional Management team.
- Co-travels with each Field Sales Trainers at least one time per year to ensure consistent delivery of training content and expectations to new hires
- Develops cutting edge formats for administering training curriculum geared towards adult learning.
- Works with outside vendors to secure additional training curriculum to support the needs of the organization.
- Provides input for the development of new sales collateral pieces to Marketing.
- Communicates product and clinical trends to the SO marketing team.
- Assists in the development of product messaging for all new product launches.
- As needed, participates in regional meetings, trade shows, territory activities, special events and CE seminars.
- Actively search, design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance sales performance and contribute to increased sales productivity
- Will work with stakeholders in other functions: Business Group (Oral Healthcare)
You are a part of
The Philips Oral Healthcare marketing team responsible for the Philips Sonicare brand, the #1 Electric toothbrush in the US, and #1 recommended by Dentists.
Philips is made up of a highly talented and multi-national workforce that is approximately of 25,000 strong, and spans over 50 countries with sales in more than 100 countries. We are proud to claim market leadership positions for cutting edge solutions in the business areas of Personal Care, Oral Care, Shaving and Grooming, Mother & Child Care, and Coffee. Philips is home to popular brands such as Sonicare, AirFloss, Norelco, Avent, and Saeco.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- 6+ years of training experience; preferably in a B2B environment
- Selling experience strongly desired with knowledge of sales principles, methods and techniques
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. MapPoint proficiency is also needed for Territory management
- Strong leadership skills; able to effectively communicate with the team regarding expectations
- Skilled in effective organization; including proper problem–solving and follow-up
- Skilled in motivating others to succeed
- Skilled at using judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong negotiation skills at all levels of targeted audience
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement
- Strong organizational (and planning) skills
- Solid competency of the full Philips Oral Healthcare product portfolio
- Ability to develop working relationships with both internal and external customers and work as a team player with employees at all levels
- Ability to transform a training curriculum strongly desired
- Ability to deliver on commitments
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize frequently changing needs
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and discretion
- Must be able to travel up to 35% of the time
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. We believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.