MongoDB Atlas Data Lake is a new service in the MongoDB Atlas family - it was recently announced at MongoDB World (MongoDB’s largest annual user conference) and is available in public beta. It brings the technology that made MongoDB the most popular document database in the world and applies it to the great data lakes of the cloud. As companies have accumulated more and more data in cloud storage like Amazon S3, the need to process that data effectively has risen.
With MongoDB Atlas Data Lake, you use the MongoDB Query Language, which is built for rich, complex structures and works with data stored in JSON, BSON, CSV, TSV, Avro, and Parquet formats. Data is analyzed on demand with no infrastructure setup and no time-consuming transformations, pre-processing or metadata management. There's no schema to pre-define, allowing you to work with your data faster.
Our team is small and nimble and based out of New York City. We’re passionate about distributed system design and providing the most compelling platform for users to work with data. We primarily develop in the Go programming language.
The ideal candidate will
- Have 1+ years of experience developing robust back-end software at scale, including experience with concurrency and distributed systems
- Have substantial, demonstrable experience writing high-quality software
- Have strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Have demonstrable aptitude for continuous learning of new technologies
- Be an effective communicator and problem solver
- Have 1+ years of experience programming in a high-level server-side language like Go, Java, C++, or Python
- Have some experience with MongoDB
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features for the Atlas Data Lake service
- Collaborate with team members over best practices and core concepts
- Give and receive consistent, high quality code review feedback
- Estimate task complexity and report progress and risks to peers and managers
- Periodically work with support and field teams to diagnose and remediate customer issues
Success in this role means
- In one quarter on the team, you will have contributed to a feature that will ship in the next stable release of the Atlas Data Lake
- In two quarters, you will be actively involved in code and design reviews for new features
- In one year, you will be participating in the team project roadmap, leading design for specific features or projects, supporting other teams, and helping to interview and mentor new hires and interns
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*