Leader of the Core Monitoring Services team within the Monitoring, Analytics, and Reporting Services organization which is responsible for systems which detect, correlate, and report faults from all infrastructure and application components. Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Technical Engineers to instrument the platform to detect and diagnoses complex issues impacting our critical business technologies expected level of service.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, document, manage and evaluate performance of staff. Provide for technical and professional growth through assignments, mentoring, and technical training.
- Review and manage budgets. Partners with business domains to provide inputs to business cases to establish business, financial and technology plans.
- Partner with and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized.
- Manage engineering projects to keep infrastructure current (both available and developing technology), to phase out higher risk equipment, to ensure reliable data disaster recovery and contingency solutions, and to improve data reliability and performance.
- Ensure that change management projects manage risk to applications and technologies. Design project to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments. Work with support teams to manage approvals for changes impacting production.
- Confer with project manager(s) or provide project management regarding applications and technologies and ensure that project related risks are mitigated. Ensure project is designed to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments. Work with support teams to manage approvals for changes impacting production.
- Develop architecture strategies to ensure that current products can continue to evolve into the next generation storage, to ensure cost-effective data protection solutions, and to ensure scalable solutions for enterprise-wide deployment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- IBM Netcool Tivoli Omnibus, Impact, Dash
- HP SiteScope
- IBM ITM/APM
- Deep understanding of various Enterprise Monitoring tools supporting
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Application monitoring
- Reporting and data analytics
- SNMP, SYSLOG, and RESTAPI integrations
- Change detection
- Ability to understand detailed customer requirements and create solution deployment plans based on the requirements
- Identify and define enhancements to the monitoring methodology and provide best practices
- Strong problem determination, root cause identification, and resolution skills
- Understanding of other Monitoring tools such as Moogsoft, Catchpoint, and Splunk
- Basic knowledge of security frameworks (SSL, Data encryption, GS Kit)
- People management, administrative, and mentoring skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal & customer interaction skills is a must.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 56091
In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Working at the heart of [...]