Job TitleMarketing Intern
Intern - Marketing - Markham, ON - Summer 2019
Are you interested in an Intern opportunity with Philips? We welcome currently enrolled undergraduate (BS) and graduate (MS) level students to participate in 3-month paid intern opportunities at our sites across the US. Through these roles you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in engineering for a HealthTech company.
This internship program is for those interested in a career in Consumer Packaged Goods Marketing. The intern will work as a member of the Marketing team managing multiple projects related to one of our well-known brands including: Philips Sonicare, Philips Shavers & Groomers, Philips Avent and Philips Domestic Appliances and Saeco.
Interns will gain firsthand exposure to the complete Marketing mix including Advertising, Promotions, Pricing, Financial management and Packaging working closely with the Sr. Marketing Manager. You will be challenged with varying tasks and projects that are critical to the Marketing function at Philips and you will be given the opportunity to provide strategic business recommendations based on your learning.
Responsibilities may include:
- Synthesize and analyze market data
- Provide insights & recommendations addressing key findings in the data
- Assist in the development and execution of consumer and/or in-store activation and display materials
- Monitor competitive activity
- Assist in the development of the marketing plan for a future strategic launch
- Assist in the development of trade presentations support a new product launch, market data or key marketing activation
- Proof packaging or sales communication to ensure content accuracy
- Participate in local agency briefings/meetings including advertising/promotions/PR
- Update key tools shared by Marketing and Sales
- Cultivate internal and external working relationships that provide exposure to other business disciplines including Sales, Finance, Customer Service, Agency Partners, Philips Global Team
- Must be enrolled in a Business Administration or Commerce program, marketing specialization preferred
- Must have demonstrated leadership, teamwork, strong communication and organizational skills
- Eagerness to take on significant responsibilities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
This position is for those interested in a career in Consumer Packaged Goods Marketing. Interns will gain firsthand exposure to Advertising, Sales Promotion, Pricing, Finance, Packaging and Design with focus on a Key Philips brand.
In return, we offer you
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.