We are seeking an expert SEM marketing analyst for our Marketing Analytics team to work closely with the marketing team, and the business team, alongside other Analytics and Data Science resources supporting optimizing our SEM effort and spending. The role reports to the Director of Marketing Analytics, alongside peers in Product Analytics, eCommerce Analytics, Data Science, Reporting, and Data Warehousing.
The ideal candidate combines outstanding business acumen and communication skills with excellent quant skills, with particular experience applying experimental design and analysis and multivariate modeling methodologies to optimizing paid search marketing. The role is a San Francisco-based, at StubHub’s headquarters. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to the Bay Area.
- Understand, inform, and contribute to the improvement of the business objectives and strategy of the SEM team and bridge from those to regular analyses and read-outs reporting performance and progress against the objectives, where the strategy is succeeding, and what should be done to double down on success or remediate where we’re falling short.
- Work side-by-side daily with the SEM team, learning how they operate and producing analyses and narrated reports that help them do that as effectively as possible.
- Identify opportunities to improve our SEM efforts and speak your mind to your colleagues in Marketing in 1:1s and large meetings.
- Support on going planning and forecasting.
- Design and analyze controlled experiments to measure incremental impact as well as constantly improve elements of Paid Search (ad copy, key word selection and bidding, all aspects of timing: day part, weekday, days-to-event, etc.)
- Identify optimization opportunities and perform sizing analysis to assess the incremental audience, revenue, contribution margin and other potential impacts to core KPIs.
- Identify opportunities to work with the reporting team to modify existing reports in our Reporting Portal, as well as adding new reports, as needed to keep abreast of the needs of the business.
- Understand and help your colleagues understand how to prioritize reporting and analysis needs, favoring must-haves relative to nice-to-haves.
- Must have extensive experience in SEM Marketing Analytics; fluent in the jargon unique to that discipline.
- Fluency in web analytics and deep technical understanding of how data are created from first party and third party web beacons.
- SQL fluency and willingness to learn HiveQL mandatory.
- Proficiency with R, or the Python libraries a strong plus.
- Excellent critical thinker with strong quantitative skills.
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly knows what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence.
- Thorough experience designing and analyzing experiments in a variety of circumstances, including eCommerce.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong emphasis on teamwork, initiative, integrity, and native leadership skills.
- At least 5 years in performance marketing analytics roles.
- At least 3 of those years in SEM analytics.
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, CS, etc., from a top tier school. Strong preference for candidates with advanced degrees in the same disciplines.
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. StubHub is an eBay company (NASDAQ: EBAY). For more information on StubHub, visitStubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub is the world’s largest ticket marketplace with tickets available for more than 10 million live sports, music and theater events in more than 40 countries. We enable fans to buy and sell tickets whenever and wherever they are through our desktop and mobile experiences.