When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Technically supports day-to-day operations in the Formulation, Filling, and/or Freeze Drying areas of the Steriles plant. Investigates, validates, and may contribute to new scientific methodologies used to control raw materials, production intermediates, and final products on projects of moderate scope. May be involved in pre-clinical, clinical, and/or post-marketing stages of drug development.
Works on technical/scientific process/product/project activities to execute strategies and technical solutions that meet client needs and expectations. Assists in the creation of processes and equipment design for clinical, scale up, and/or registration batches, including technology transfer of projects to and from clients. Evaluates and contributes to the design of manufacturing processes and supports problem solving as necessary within defined procedures and practices. Makes decisions that involve direct application of technical knowledge.
What will you do?
- Executes and writes deviation investigations to identify the root causes of departures from standards and to assess product impact.
- Implements corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPAs) to eliminate the root causes of deviations.
- Monitors processes to proactively mitigate the risks of deviations and process upset situations occurring.
- Troubleshoots issues when deviations and/or process upset situations occur.
- Implements continuous improvement projects to drive improved process efficiency and efficacy. Writes and manages department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Batch Production Records (BPRs), Training documents, Protocols, etc. to ensure operational excellence and regulatory compliance.
- Contributes to development of methods and processes that meet or exceed the expectations of clients and provides innovation as necessary.
- Researches current methodologies. Presents research to internal colleagues and supervisor.
- Manages projects at the task level under supervision. May manage projects and timelines at the experiment level.
- Assists with implementation of new methodologies and processes.
- Reviews analytical test results and works with internal team to analyze results.
- Liaises with internal scientific, analytical, and laboratory functional areas to meet project and team objectives.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines. Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, or related physical science.
- Typically requires 2 years of scientific experience, preferably in life sciences. If advanced degree, typically requires no previous related experience.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good knowledge of scientific methodology preferably related to pharmaceutical research and development.
- Good knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Excellent critical and logical thinking skills.
- Effective written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn new methodologies and to develop technical solutions.
- Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand and walk; ability to lift and/or carry light objects of up to 25 lbs. for brief periods.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build rewarding careers. We offer services and products that help customers around the globe in laboratories and clinics, on production lines and out in the field.