Job TitleManufacturing Engineer - Software based products
Manufacturing Engineer - Software based products
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Help build a high growth business that will help improve the lives of millions of people while advancing Philips journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
You are responsible for
- Your role is to provide manufacturing engineering support for the medical product manufacturing processes:
- Providing daily, hands-on support to engineers, assembly and test technicians.
- Create, define and implement Manufacturing processes for new software centric products and managing the changes for exiting products including entitlements and post shipment activation.
- Provide training and technical support as required to enhance the skills of other engineers, technicians and operators.
- Provide root cause analysis of design and quality issues found on the production floor.
- Generating process flow maps and utilize results to improve processes and manufacturing operations.
- Support introduction of new products and changes to existing products to ensure products are designed for manufacturability, utilizing Lean manufacturing processes and controls.
- Design, validate and implement production test fixtures, assembly jigs and tools
- Performing timely technical investigations and provide practical manufacturing solutions, under appropriate regulatory guidelines for Medical Device Manufacturing.
- Conduct quality investigations for Defect on arrival (DOA), yield and general process monitoring metrics.
- Assist and lead continuous improvement through Lean methodologies
- Provide support in the dispositioning of discrepant material
- Establishing appropriate methods, tools, equipment, etc. required to produce products in keeping with the Quality Management System and related stands (ISO 13485:2003 and GMP).
- Perform other duties as required to support the needs of the business
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BS Engineering discipline or technical field
- 5+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment (medical devices preferred).
- Experience in deployment of Software based products a plus, including entitlements and post shipment activation
- Ability to build highly effective teams
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment at remote locations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Methodical, effective troubleshooting/problem solving skills required
- Experience IQ, OQ, PQ Validation Strategies preferred
- Work experience in an industrial environment preferred
- Working knowledge of DFMEA & PFMEA required
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain/Manufacturing principles and implementation of DFx inputs to designs preferred
- Working knowledge of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering tools and Lean Manufacturing principles preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills preferred
- Experience with FDA-regulated medical device manufacturing in a Lean production environment preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools required
- Experience with SAP preferred
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Find out more info about Philips at www.philips.com/na/careers
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.