Manager, Strategic Finance
Manager, Strategic Finance
Serves as a trusted finance business partner in the area(s) of support, by providing financial guidance and support; builds budgets, forecasts, conducts variance analysis and reporting; prepares financial analysis and support such as cost-benefit, return on investment and capital resource analysis for new business opportunities, proposals, contracts, or product development; supports cost savings and process improvement efforts; provides financial governance and oversight. Responsible for all aspects of human capital management for the team.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Achieving our ambitious Cause requires exemplary leadership. In addition to the Cambia values listed above, our leaders demonstrate the following leadership attributes: Cambia leaders think big, push boundaries, envision possibilities, inspire and empower others. They build collaborative relationships beyond their functional area and create workplaces which are just and transparent. Our leaders must be lifelong learners, develop others and act as role models for their teams, colleagues, external partners and—most importantly—our current and future members.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Develops direct reports and others, manages and measures work, strategic agility, builds effective teams, motivates others, has managerial courage.
- Provides leadership in the business and to direct reports. Is highly sought after by the business to provide a wide depth and breadth of consultation, education, and influence in the business.
- Highly knowledgeable with the ability to provide leadership and direction on a wide variety of applicable statutes, policies and procedures.
- Highly effective communicator with proven ability to set clear objectives, motivate team members and/or stakeholders, and is an active listener.
- Provides direction on complex problems; readily anticipates problems and identifies solutions.
- Comprehensive perspective applied to decision making.
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise of business/healthcare principles and concepts in specialty area and high level of proficiency across multiple business functions.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- The Manager Strategic Finance typically requires a bachelor's degree in business, accounting, economics or statistics. CPA, CMA, MBA or ASA, along with healthcare or health insurance experience preferred plus 7 or more years of progressively experience and 3 years of people management or leadership. Experience working with health insurance claims and/or provider/payer value-based arrangements desired.
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Manages and oversees work of StratFi analyst, sets clear team direction in alignment with organization strategy. Regularly leads efforts and initiatives with a high level of influence on decision making across the company; leads positive change, both internally and externally.
- Delivers presentations on complex issues, and at all levels in the organization, with a level of knowledge and influence throughout the business.
- Develops complex financial models and analysis using advanced analytical techniques and financial systems; provides business with solid alternatives to broad, complex and unusual issues; readily modifies or adjusts techniques to meet new situations; little guidance required and mentors others.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, coordinates and monitors large, complex tasks involving multiple functional areas. Directs work of analysts and others.
- Provides leadership, training or consulting to other departments, analysts, management and external stakeholders.
- No unusual working conditions.
- Work primarily performed in office environment.
- May be required to work outside normal hours
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]