Manager, Regional Graphics
Bain & Company is recognised as one of the top international management consultancy firms. We assist major corporations worldwide with strategy formulation, acquisitions, organisational design and performance improvement. Bain & Company is consistently ranked in the top 10 of best places to work.
The role is to manage delivery of graphics services for a defined set of offices within approved service levels and budget. The Graphics Manager plans and delivers capacity to service supported offices for each service line and coordinates with other managers (regionally and globally) to optimize service levels and capacity utilization.
The Graphics Manager manages delivery of Graphics training according to global standards, in close collaboration with the Senior Manager, Regional Graphics and Manager, Global Graphics Training and Technology. Defines requirements for production tools required to deliver services (e.g., dispatch, dashboard…).
In addition to the leadership role, the Graphics Manager is expected to provide graphics services to supported offices for an allocation of their time agreed with the manager.
Key performance indicators are (non-exclusive list):
- Net Promoted Score on graphics services provided by the Regional Graphics Team Manager and the teams
- % utilized capacity for the team
- WWES scores (Office NPS for Graphics team)
- Attrition rate for the team
- Absenteeism ratio for the team
The Graphics Manager is expected to operate fluently in English (C2 level). Fluency in additional languages is desirable, but not required for the role.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Graphics Service Delivery
- Agree scope and service levels for each service line (training, CORE and PLUS graphics production, specialized graphics), with supported offices in order to meet evolving business needs.
- Deliver agreed service levels to offices and ensure fluid communication and connectedness between the teams and users (including management of contractors, if any)
- Collect feedback from users in supported offices and use it to improve quality of delivery and develop capabilities of the team.
- Ensure effective billing of services to users, according to agreed budget.
- Chair and lead regular meetings with direct reports and provide two-way communication between the team and all relevant stakeholders
- Drive a strong service culture within the team and ensure Graphics Standards, Professional Standards, Operating Principles and BDPs (Best Demonstrated Practices) are understood and applied.
- Produce, as an individual contributor, high quality graphics services.
- Plan headcount for each service line (run and manage 3YP, annual budget and reforecast)
- Maximise utilisation for the team. Monitor absence; work with HR to address any absence issues. Coordinate with other managers (regionally and globally) to optimize service levels and capacity utilization.
- Decide on paid overtime decisions, when needed, in accordance with office policies
- Define requirements for production tools required to deliver services (e.g., dispatch, dashboard…).
- Coordinate recruitment process for the teams, with support from HR
- Recommend selection criteria, and review applications
- Interview shortlisted applicants
- Decide on hires for the teams
Induction for new hires
- Define curriculum for on-boarding and training of new hires staffed to the team and ensure qualified trainers are assigned
- Decide confirmation for team members passing out of probationary period
Training and PD
- Ensure all the team members develop to their full potential (drive certification/ specialisation for the team)
- Manage execution of training plans for the teams
- Act as coach to the team members where required
- Conduct individual catch ups with the direct reports on a regular basis, reviewing skill plans, summary updates and track progression
- Manage yearly review process for the team
- Mandatory PD reviewer for all direct reports
- Liaise with supported offices to get their input
- Contribute to review meeting within and across SSC teams
- Recommend on overall message, rating and bonus for the team
- Recommend decisions on promotions for the team
ESPRIT and staff motivation
- Organise team events for the team, according to approved budget and office policies
- Analyse WWES results and design/implement action plans, as needed.
- Contribute to global/regional standards and strategies and advise on layout, design, and technical solutions available to maximize visual impact of CORE, PLUS and Specialised graphics
- Liaise with, or assume role of, Creative Lead to project manage high-stakes PLUS presentations, including, but not limited to, advising on visual storytelling, slide design, resource coordination and quality assurance
- Take an active role in implementation of departmental or regional/global initiatives
 CORE Graphics: Standard slide format for general day-to-day presentations (case team work, client proposals, and internal Bain presentations), delivery of message-based content with highly standardized look and feel (variable information density, rich with content for leave behind purposes).
 PLUS Graphics: Tailored slide design, image/media-rich, high-stakes Bain/Client situations (advised and designed exclusively by trained Graphics experts for senior client audiences, workshops and major events. PLUS is focused on presenter-led storytelling, supported by bold, emotive, compelling visuals rather than content heavy slides.
What are looking for?
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Documents, Excel) and Adobe tool suite like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- High level proficiency in graphics tools for CORE, PLUS and relevant Specialised graphics support corresponding to area of specialisation, if any.
- 15+ year experience in a demanding corporate environment
- 5+ years’ experience in people management and local and offshore work flow management
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Native or Fluent English (C2 level).
- Proficiency in other languages (B2 level)
- Educated to degree-level
- Coaching proficiency is clearly a plus
- Outstanding Professional customer service attitude
- Resourceful with aptitude for practical and innovative problem solving and processes improvement for the benefit of organization
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Responsibility for results
- Ownership and awareness
- High level team organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Details oriented with quality first attitude
- High level management and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and
- Effective decision maker within a pressurized environment
- Team oriented with ability to work autonomously
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability for practical and innovative problem solving
- Proactive approach to learning and personal development, as well as ability to support, develop, coach and mentoring others
- Confident and systematic approach to giving and receiving feedback
- Interest in developing technologies and how they can be applied within a corporate environment.
Bain & Company is a leading management consulting firm. We work with change-oriented executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We advise global leaders on their most critical issues and opportunities across all [...]