As a Manager, Program Management you will be accountable for ensuring the successful planning and execution of product development and product launch within the talent management domain. The talent management domain is responsible for delivery of the following projects: learning, performance management, recruiting, employee engagement, and career development. As a manager your responsibility lies in managing multiple projects and initiatives associated with the products and managing project managers.
The role requires a person who can build strong relationships, has a strong technical foundation, and is highly functional in a dynamic and challenging environment. Must be able to manage conflict and tradeoffs and be able to quickly assess the impact of changes and risks to drive creative solutions. Maturity, judgment, strong communication, negotiation, influencing, analytical talent and leadership skills are essential to success in this role.
Sound decision-making and strong collaborative skills are necessary for the successful delivery of all commitments. You will be responsible for facilitating roadmap planning and domain level quarterly reporting of product results and operational improvements. Experience working with product development managers, product owners, cross-functional program leaders, and senior leaders is a must.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage, and align product roadmaps with complicated, multi-team dependencies and customer commitments
- Collaborate closely with product development managers, product owners, cross-functional leaders, and department leaders to ensure ongoing team success in the delivery of products and initiatives
- Plan, scope, initiate, track, and report on product launches within their product line for new and existing products
- Manage key milestones, deliverables, and dependencies across Product and Development; and, succinctly communicate progress, risks and mitigation plans to senior leadership
- Provide ongoing visibility to senior leadership by reporting on key metrics, initiatives, programs, and products within the domain
- Manage change - as changes to the portfolio are proposed, lead the impact analysis, considering short and long-term trade-offs, benefits and risks, then synthesize and communicate options to senior leadership to facilitate decision-making
- Provide information, support, direction, and problem-solving to product teams and project managers, as needed, in a manner that provides positive solutions, and if needed, adjusts current processes to improve the delivery, coordination, or quality of the projects
- 10+ years of Program Management and product delivery experience in a complex, enterprise environments
- 3+ years of team leadership and personnel development
- Expert-level fluency in multiple SDLC paradigms; ability to synthesize and execute a tailored approach for a product
- Proven track record of coaching and training teams at all levels on legacy and greenfield products and programs; and, an ability to plan and deliver successfully at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand and distill information quickly to identify key risks and gaps
- Investigative and curious mind
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical discipline preferred or work experience equivalent
- PMP or other similar Project management certifications preferred
- Experience with cloud-based enterprise software
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.