Ultimate Software is looking for a dedicated and driven Manager, Program Management who will be accountable for ensuring the successful planning and execution of product development and product launch within the Payroll domain. The role requires a person who can build strong relationships, has a strong technical foundation, and is highly functional in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will lead our organizational process for the Pay domain and help ensure cross functional team members are prepped for upcoming releases. Do you get passionate about leading multiple projects and initiatives associated with the products while leading project managers? If you are passionate about establishing relationships and driving change, this is the role for you.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with product development managers, product owners, cross-functional leaders, and department leaders to ensure ongoing team success in the delivery of products and initiatives
- Plan, scope, initiate, track, and report on product launches within their product line for new and existing products
- Manage key milestones, deliverables, and dependencies across Product and Development; and, succinctly communicate progress, risks and mitigation plans to senior leadership
- Provide ongoing visibility to senior leadership by reporting on key metrics, initiatives, programs, and products within the domain
- Manage change - as changes to the portfolio are proposed, lead the impact analysis, considering short and long-term trade-offs, benefits and risks, then synthesize and communicate options to senior leadership to facilitate decision-making
- Facilitate roadmap planning with multi-team dependencies and customer commitments
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Demonstrated ability of excelling at the above responsibilities
- 5+ years of Program Management and product delivery experience
- Experience leading launch programs in a matrixed organization
- Fluency in multiple SDLC paradigms
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Minimum Bachelor’s in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience with cloud-based enterprise software
- 3+ years of team leadership and personnel development
- PMP or other similar Project management certifications preferred
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]