Job TitleManager, Product Industrialization Engineering (Coffee)
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join the Product Industrialization Engineering team under Domestic Appliance team of Personal Health Business Group, while advancing your career in a dynamic, fast paced and multinational environment of Philips Hong Kong.
You are responsible for
- Identifies cost saving opportunities with the supplier
- Contribute to and influence sourcing decisions identifying required supplier capability and quality level
- Ensures the creation, release and continuous improvement of tools, equipment and manufacturing processes and related Quality systems to meet the component or sub-assembly specifications.
- Translates product requirements into process requirements safeguarded by proper process monitoring.
- Identifies gaps between required and current supplier capabilities, and drives quality improvement plan / risk mitigation accordingly.
- Monitors / ensures the implementation of design and manufacturing (sub) process changes at supplier afterwards maintaining the feedback loop and establishing continuous improvement.
- Supports negotiations of Supplier Development Agreement and ensures that suppliers meet Quality Agreements
- Monitors the effectiveness of product quality control plans with suppliers throughout the product life cycle.
- Ensures compliance of supplier to Safety regulations, Quality and ROHS/REACH standards on quality management process and product level.
- Supports supplier audits, selection & qualification assessments.
- Validates (Supplier) Quality data and Quality system performance to warrant Quality data integrity.
- Responsible for the approval of the release of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Support supplier certification audits and QA assessments
You are a part of
Key talent of Product Industrialization Engineering team and report to the Senior Manager, Supplier Development Manager of Domestic Appliance Business Group which base in Philips Hong Kong office.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree or above in Technical or Engineering relevant discipline
- At least 10-year working experience in related area, preferably in domestic electrical appliance industry.
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager level.
- MUST have ISO 9000 qualification, knowledge on LEAN, APQP, DFSS and Six Sigma (Black or Green-belt) has definite advantage
- In depth understanding of manufacturing processes, tools and quality systems management.
- Strong leadership skills and communication skills with external and internal stakeholders.
- Good in written and oral English and fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin is a MUST.
- Able to work independently with proactive personality.
- Frequent travel to South China is required.
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is one of the best in-class organization which offers you big exposure and long-term career development such as internal transfer and international mobility opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.