We’re hiring a Federal Operations Manager whose mission will be to drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Federal Team. You will partner with Technical Account Management Leadership and will be responsible for institutionalizing the daily operations of the Federal Team who look after the largest and most complex organizations in the world. As a trusted partner in defining strategy, managing operations, and coordinating the tactical execution of objectives. Must be an analytical thinker with a passion for people, data, metrics, reporting, and efficiency. Requires a holistic awareness of planning, tracking, and reporting to ensure strategic objectives will be met on a quarterly and annual basis.
The Federal Operations Manager will ensure consistent process execution and will seek ways to institute efficiencies in workload tracking, resource assignments, individual or team meetings, and triage any disruptions in workflows. The Operations Manager will assist with resource management, measuring KPIs, and the direct support of pre and post-sales customer-facing activities. This role will also be responsible for gathering, reviewing, and delivering reports and intelligence, handling confidential and non-routine information with the utmost discretion and escalating trending data that requires attention.
- Manage the coordination and execution of individual (1v1) meetings with leadership
- Manage the assignment of mentors and monitor mentoring progress and goals
- Manage the onboarding of new team members, to include updating records, ensuring goals are understood and expectations are met
- Monitor team member on-boarding and JQR (Job Qualification Requirement) progress
- Monitor TAM certification progress--ensuring certifications are completed in a timely fashion
- Monitor PTO (Paid Time Off) requests ensuring proper customer coverage
- Facilitate requests from team members and external parties (e.g., Sales, Marketing) with leadership
- Monitor KPIs, trends and reporting (e.g., Daily Standup Reports, Customer Activity Digests, Workload Planning, etc) and work with Leadership and our data teams to automate, improve and scale our reporting process
- Track TAM account assignments, and facilitate coordination efforts required to ensure completion
- Manage the TAM resource request (e.g., ensure training requests, demos, etc are staffed with proper coverage)
- Monitor leading indicators of renewals and upsell and work with Federal Leadership and our field teams to raise awareness of both risk and opportunity
- Provide standardized processes, materials, tools, and data that help the Federal Teams (and our Tanium colleagues) work more effectively
- Manage Federal programs and special projects to include, action tracking, document updating, note taking, organizing, and reporting, etc., when assigned
- Have oversight of, and direct the completion of a suite of key programs or projects that help the Federal Team scale. This will involve coordination of the Federal Team and other Tanium Team functions to track progress and actions.
- Bandwidth permitting, there may also be direct ownership of one or more individual projects or workstreams.
- Work with leadership to track and drive team goals and strategies
- Hold stakeholders accountable for meeting the predetermined deadlines and working within the targeted budget.
- Ensure consistent communication within the team
- Oversee the assignment of Federal SME (Subject Matter Expert)
This position will also be responsible for assisting with all Federal and regional events, to include onsite event support, attendees and venue liaison, coordination of user groups, internal and external training and conferences.
Event Support Tasks:
- Onsite support for all events, trainings and conferences
- Assist with regional off-site and team building events
- Assist onsite and have oversight of Federal user groups, internal, and customer training, Federal off sites and conferences
- Partner with stakeholders across the company and our customers
We’re looking for someone with:
- BS/BA preferred
- 5+ Years of Professional Experience
- PMP Certification highly desired
- Core Competencies
- Highly organized
- Capable of problem-solving without task oversight
- Capable of leading peers/superiors by influence
- Successfully and consistently multi-task
- Understand and create milestones to meet required objectives
- Hold stakeholders accountable for meeting the deadlines with consistent expectation setting and use of means of follow up
- Strong facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to foresee and overcome obstacles
- Travel up to 35% including international trips
- Analytical abilities: ability to analyze problem situations in depth; ability to show a probing mind.
- Number facility: the individual must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations at a minimum.
- Precision to detail: it is necessary that the individual be precise and detail-oriented.
- Flexibility: ability to juggle several projects simultaneously, to cope successfully with diversity and complexity, to integrate seemingly unrelated data, and to reduce complex notions into relatively simple terms
- Written and oral communication skills: ability to write memos, letters, and reports in clear, concise fashion with appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and word usage; ability to communicate effectively with superiors, peers, subordinates, and others on a one-on-one basis, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, and word usage; includes clarity, organization of thought, and expressiveness are all part of this dimension.
- Passion for designing processes that scale
- Analytical thinker with a passion for data
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Relentless drive to achieve project milestones to required quality
- Takes high degree of ownership over their work
- Clear communicator with a professional presence
- Strong listening skills; open to input from other team members and departments
- Ability to lead through influence
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.
Tanium was founded by father and son entrepreneurs, David and Orion Hindawi, who wanted to solve a seemingly impossible problem facing the world’s biggest companies: how to see and manage their millions of endpoints around the world in a matter of seconds. Today, our platform is being used [...]