As a member of the Learning organization, this Manager oversees a team of skilled learning designers who are responsible for designing and developing learning programs. The results of this work complement and improve Ultimate Software’s overall learning culture, internal and external learning experience. In the execution of this responsibility the Manager collaborates with leaders across Services and Product Development teams, working with peer leaders in the Learning organization to identify, develop and deliver learning programs for UltiPro® and other topics.
Position requirements include knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional systems design, as well as exceptional skills in grammar, sentence structure, organization, and word choice. To be considered, you must possess strong project management skills, and a proven track record of leading learning designers or technical writers, or developing instructor led courses and multi-purpose learning content in areas such as participant training materials, self-paced eLearning, and mobile learning.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of learning designers responsible for designing and developing learning programs. Lead, coach, develop, and grow your team.
- Build and maintain key partner relationships across the business, as they are pivotal sources of product knowledge and learning requirements. Collaborate across teams to gather input, engagement and active support of our initiatives.
- Define, develop and implement learning strategies, plans and processes to support organization goals. Further shape, implement and enable the current strategies to improve the learning experience in line with Ultimate Software’s people first culture.
- Demonstrate excellent project management, planning, and analytical skills. Develop these skills where needed within the team.
- Foster a dynamic learning and knowledge sharing culture. Operate with the goal of building customer loyalty and customers for life.
- Supervise the staff of a Learning team. Supervisory authority: Manages 6-10 direct reports.
- Position reports to: Director, Learning. Supervision received: General direction with minimal oversight.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in in designing learning components supported by Adult Learning Theory and Instructional Systems Design
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with HCM products or services
- Experience leading dispersed teams
- Experience using learning development tools such as Articulate 360, Camtasia, Captivate, structure authoring, content management systems
- Strong written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Able to communicate and collaborate well with all areas of the company, and all levels of management
- Proven leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills
- Excellent organizational, project planning, and time management skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities under tight deadlines
- Experienced problem solver. Able to identify issues, challenges, and gaps associated with content, training programs and materials, and to propose potential solutions.
- Strong, effective decision-maker
- Strong change management skills
- Strong desire to work as part of a collaborative and dynamic team
- Able to mentor others and provide guidance on instructional design
- Able to collaborate across teams and show leadership skills such as negotiation, communication, team building
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, Adult Learning, Instructional Design or related field preferred, or a combination of education and experience in a related business discipline.
- Master’s degree in areas related to Instructional Systems Development (ISD) or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of at least 5 years’ experience in designing and developing classroom training materials, performance support, and/or eLearning courseware for software applications
- Experience using Design Thinking methodology
- Experience developing training for software
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Travel Requirement: Up to 25% travel to Ultimate’s offices in the U.S. and Canada, and to other locations as needed to perform job duties.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]