The Manager of Integration Services has primary responsibility for leading a team of engineers who will be responsible for implementing data movement elements related to EAI, ETL, and Service Orchestration. Responsibilities also include leading, guiding, and coordinating application development, configuration, and integrations in support of on-time delivery of business projects and/or initiatives.
In this capacity, the Manager will focus on enhancing team performance, removing productivity blockers, and ensuring that self and teams are accountable for risks, issues, and project deliverables. As such, the Manager plays an instrumental role in helping projects meet business, schedule, and budget objectives.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Managers and other leaders to deliver initiatives and products utilizing Agile and Kanban project management methodologies
- Manage Integration Platform roadmap and strategy, including development & support standards, planning and coordination with Infrastructure and Enterprise Architecture teams
- Lead implementation activities of enterprise integration strategy
- Oversee the development, testing, deployment, operational monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of the enterprise integration platform
- Manage priorities, coordinating cross-area projects, assigning tasks, resolving issues/roadblocks
- Ensure Integration solutions are delivered in a timely, cost-effective manner, with a high degree of quality, while meeting business expectations
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives and department goals that are aligned with IS business objectives
- Manage and facilitate the work of agile project teams, including capacity and resource planning, determine required staffing and skill levels and maintain a proper balance of staff and contract personnel
- All Manager HR functions including but not limited to hiring, mentoring, keeping a high morale to holding team members accountable
- Coach and empower delivery teams to take accountability for delivery, risk and issue management when leading project teams
- Arrange for appropriate training and assignments
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Proficiency in the Agile development life cycle
- Proficiency in Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Experience driving positive change in the team via process improvement
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to coach, inspire and mentor a team
- Experience setting goals and focusing on results
- Ability to be a leader within the team as well as someone who is able to represent the team within the company
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other groups within the organization
- Comfortable working on different projects simultaneously
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to cultivate collaboration
- Ability to manage expectations of various people internal and external to the team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills and the ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders, support personnel, and clients
- Proven track record of delivering scalable, efficient and reliable software services
- Broad understanding of various cloud development technologies and trends, developer preferences and challenges
- Experience working with the MuleSoft Anypoint platform
- Strong knowledge of EAI/SOA best practices, development methodologies & standards
- Has strong experience in the Application Integration Architecture, Solution Design, and Development using SOA/EAI solutions
- Experience with Mule administration, configuration and tuning
- Strong technical or architecture experience in Cloud-to-cloud or Cloud-to-On Premise integrations using MuleSoft
- Understand technical risks / issues and assists with options to resolve / mitigate
- 7 years of software engineering or related experience
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- This position requires a minimum of seven to ten years of relevant work experience. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience is required. A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Up to 10%
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.