Manager, Healthcare Informatics
Manager, Healthcare Informatics
Healthcare Informatics Managers work with a variety of stakeholders to consult on the design, testing and enhancement of corporate programs. This position drives actionable insights and solutions using analytical and statistical methods, project management and overall business knowledge. This position guides staff as they research and evaluate programs and outcomes to determine performance against stated objectives, documenting and communicating recommendations and solutions to business partners.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Achieving our ambitious Cause requires exemplary leadership. In addition to the Cambia values listed above, our leaders demonstrate the following leadership attributes: Cambia leaders think big, push boundaries, envision possibilities, inspire and empower others. They build collaborative relationships beyond their functional area and create workplaces which are just and transparent. Our leaders must be lifelong learners, develop others and act as role models for their teams, colleagues, external partners and—most importantly—our current and future members.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Domain Knowledge (hands-on experience in healthcare claims prescriptive analytics and evaluation ) and at least one of the following:
- Clinical knowledge: strong educational background in healthcare fields
- Company knowledge: understand Cambia existing capabilities and healthcare data
- Functional knowledge: experience in working with cross-functional team during full project life cycle
- Consulting knowledge: able to collaboratively identify problems with key partners, and achieve partner buy-in and participation
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in social science, public health, economics, statistics, actuarial science, mathematics, or a related field and 8 - 10 years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Understanding of advanced analytics (e.g., statistics, simulation, optimization) and methods such as time series analysis and longitudinal studies.
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating and pre-processing data from varied sources.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret qualitative data (research, feedback) and incorporate such insights into quantitative analyses.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills to effectively communicate complex analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience with analytical / statistical programming tools for data extraction and summarization, statistics, and analysis (SAS, SQL, SPSS, R, STATA, MatLab, etc.). Ability to develop and modify queries to extract large amounts of data for standard and ad-hoc data requests.
- Demonstrated application of program evaluation concepts and methodologies, with expertise in program effectiveness analysis, measurement and reporting.
- Practical experience with constructing analytical models and algorithms.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage team members including all facets of human capital management.
- Oversees the research, design, development and implementation of data driven solutions using advanced statistical methods.
- Ensures the appropriate identification of root causes through effective use of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Drives analytical projects that span across multiple divisions and require input from numerous stakeholders.
- Performs statistical analyses with existing data sets. From results, creates visual representations and summary reports of data findings in a variety of formats. Creates influential dashboards and presentations that use information to influence senior leadership on business trends and strategies.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to build quantified business cases, business problems, and desired business outcomes.
- Works both independently and as part of a larger team supporting various internal customer groups on identifying business challenges and evaluating solutions to achieve objectives.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop business cases, identify business problems and understand desired business outcomes.
- Completes analysis and applies judgment to derive recommendations for complex challenges and initiatives.
- Applies knowledge of state and federal regulatory policies and procedures to program analysis and recommended actions. Understands and leverages industry performance trends and their potential effect on performance.
- Assess existing and identifies new sources of data relevant to the problems being investigated, applies statistical data quality procedures to new data sources.
- Participates with senior management to establish strategic goals, plans and objectives. Establishes strong working relationships with internal and external customers, identifying long-term needs.
- Responsible for directing and setting objectives and working toward executing against those objectives through subordinate staff.
- Work primarily performed in an office environment and working from home may be considered.
- Travel may be required, locally or out of state.
- May be required to work overtime and outside of normal hours.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]