Plated is the meal kit for people who love food, and we’re passionate about delivering a consistent, high-quality product to home cooks around the country. We’re searching for a Food Safety and Compliance Manager to help us deliver an experience that customers can trust. As a vital member of our team, you’ll develop a best-in-class food safety management system that’s critical to the daily operations of our five fulfillment centers. (Note: This position requires frequent travel and on-site facilities visits.)
What you’ll do with us:
- Establish and prioritize food safety and compliance standards for ingredient qualification; receipt, storage, and handling, of food; foreign material and allergen control; and HACCP.
- Work closely with our in-house Procurement, Fulfillment, and Logistics teams to develop and support the execution of verification and monitoring activities for food safety controls.
- Oversee food safety data and document management—including food safety components of supplier approval, customer complaint program, recall plan, internal audit program, and corporate food defense plan.
- Perform internal and external audits and create detailed reports to guide prioritization of activities within the food safety pillars.
- Address and analyze all food safety and compliance issues, investigating causes and recommending corrective and preventative actions.
- Manage annual food safety road map goals.
- Monitor and evaluate evolving landscape in food safety—including current events; developing legislation/public policy, technology, and industry best practices; and affirmatively make recommendations.
- Educate key stakeholders and teammates at all levels of the company on complex technical aspects of food safety and compliance.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience in food safety and regulatory affairs; experience in food service and quality assurance preferred
- B.S. in relevant field; advanced food safety degree preferred
- HACCP certification; advanced certification preferred
- Advanced quantitative and analytical skills; Six Sigma certification preferred
- Experience with auditing systems; Lead Auditor in GFSI audit scheme preferred
- Expertise with GMP, SOP, FDA, and USDA guidelines
- Experience with ready-to-eat products
- Ability to travel often and spend a significant amount of time in manufacturing and supplier facilities
- Experience navigating complex legal and/or regulatory landscapes
- Effectiveness in proposing initiatives and developing processes
- Eagerness to innovate in a developing regulatory landscape—including evaluating new technologies and standards
- Ability to thrive and make confident decisions in a constantly evolving tech-startup environment
- Strong communication skills, both technical and interpersonal
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we’ve built together—and we’re looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits and perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans and a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, and adorable office dogs
- Daily breakfast and Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, and food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Launched in 2012, Plated is the premium meal-kit brand that makes it easy for people who are passionate about food to create amazing, personal dinner experiences. To that end, Plated offers an unparalleled combination of choice, flexibility, convenience, and taste. Plated delivers distinctive [...]