Lastline, Inc. is a venture backed cybersecurity company that provides innovative AI-powered network security products that detect and defeat advanced threats attempting to enter and operate within a network. We protect network, email, cloud, and web infrastructures, minimizing the risk of damaging and costly data breaches with fewer resources and at lower cost. Headquartered in Redwood City, California with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia, Lastline’s technology is used by Global 5000 enterprises, is offered directly and through resellers and security service providers, and is integrated into leading third-party security technologies worldwide. www.lastline.com
We are a world class cyber-security company searching for experienced threat analysts and/or malware reverse engineers to build out our Anti-Malware Group. The ideal candidate loves to collaborate and win with a team, has hands-on experience on reversing malware, knows how to abstract program activities into models or signatures, has a broad working knowledge in the functioning of Operating Systems, Networking and Host Administration and understand the fundamental differences between legitimate and malicious activities, enjoys understanding computer security, next-generation attack detection, big-data anomaly detection, and modern types of attacks.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform in-depth reversing of malicious samples to identify potential improvement to our malware analysis and detection systems, in particular to help our engine team fighting evasions against dynamic analysis.
- Monitor the latest developments in the malware landscape by following different feeds (e.g. blogs, mailing lists) to make sure we cover the latest threats.
- Identify/extract/describe program behaviors, write behavioral models in order to detect generic malicious behaviors shared across multiple malware families.
- Monitor and review the results of our malware analysis and detection systems, specifically to determine the detection capabilities and resilience to false-detections of the newly developed malware behavior models.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience in static malware reverse engineering
- Multiple years of hands-on experience with reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro, WinDBG, or OllyDbg
- Understanding of various program file-formats including PE (native, .net), Mach-O, VB, APK, Windows Script Files (VBS, JS, Powershell)
- Understanding of exploit techniques in document formats including PDF and Microsoft Office documents
- Good knowledge of Windows Internals
- Desire to work in a team towards a shared common goal
- Eagerness to learn
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS WILL ENHANCE AN APPLICATION:
- Industry experience in malware analysis, with a specific focus on evasive malware
- Development experience, Python in particular
- Familiarity with KVM/ESX virtualization technologies
- Understanding of kernel/ring0/rootkit analysis is a big plus
- Good knowledge of Mac OS Internals
- Experience with Linux systems (ideally Debian/Ubuntu)
- Comfortable using version control systems such as Git
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated individual who is self-motivated in their work and career. If this sounds like a match for you and what you are looking for, please apply. We’d love to hear from you! All applications must be submitted no later than July 12, 2019. This position will be based out of one of our offices, Santa Barbara, Boston or Redwood City and will be determined based on candidates location.
We offer competitive salary packages with excellent benefits.
We're serious about network security and threat protection - and we have the proof. Our three co-founders are some of the most influential security experts in the world! We know our stuff. With these expertise and our passion to improve cybersecurity, Lastline is revolutionizing the way companies [...]