A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Ability to troubleshoot various competencies: Advanced Pneumatic, Basic Hydraulic, AC/DC Electrical Systems, Automation (PLC and Instrumentation), Automation, Machining, and Mechanical Systems on all Process and Packaging Equipment with minimal guidance. As a Team, properly maintain and repair equipment in a fast paced, high production work environment, while prioritizing multiple mechanical/electrical and administrative tasks.
• Capable of troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling equipment within close tolerances.
• Perform routine electrical and mechanical problem-solving on process & packaging equipment.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM's) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) on Process & Packaging Equipment with minimal guidance.
• Support Operations in equipment setup, changeover and training of operators in Autonomous Maintenance (AM) activities.
• Document Work Orders (WO) using Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP-PPM Plant Maintenance).
• Effectively communicate with Operators, Peers, Supervisors and all levels of management on a daily basis.
• Provide enthusiastic support where needed and complete other duties as assigned by Team Leader.
• Demonstrate Engagement in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Theory and Concepts through participation in Pillar Teams, training fellow Technicians/Operators in Autonomous Maintenance (AM) activities to include conducting Breakdown Analysis (BDA’s).
- Understand and adhere to Lock-Out/Tag-Out (LOTO) Procedures, Confined Space Procedures and all other Plant Safety/Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements related to supporting machinery uptime.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Technical Degree/Trade Certification or 4-6 years equivalent work experience required.
- Associate's Degree in a Technical discipline, preferably in Industrial Maintenance/Technology.
• Successful completion of Mars Apprenticeship Program or Co-op.
• Possess a fundamental understanding of Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Schematics and Mechanical Drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner at the component level on all assigned equipment; i.e. sorting systems and palletizing robots.
- Ability to troubleshoot AC/DC Electrical components (up to 480VAC 3 Phase) including motor starters, switches and sensors found on all assigned equipment using basic test equipment such as multi-meters and amp probes.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to support production needs and to conduct multi-task work in a very fast paced work environment
• Willingness to develop required Technical Skills
• Possess an advanced understanding of AC/DC Electrical (up to 480VAC 3 Phase), Hydraulic and Pneumatic Schematics and Mechanical Drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
• Technical/ Trade Certification in: Welding, Advanced Machinist Skills, fabrication and blueprint interpretation.
- Possess PLC/Instrumentation troubleshooting skills.
• Frequent lifting/carrying (10-50 lbs.).
• Frequent pushing/pulling (50-200 lbs.).
• Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping.
• Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment.
• Ability to stand and / or work on feet for extended periods (minimum eight hours in one shift).
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
At Mars, we have an inspiring purpose, a wonderful culture and we’re made up of a diverse talented group of people. We’re passionate about achieving gender equality with 42% of Associates in the Mars talent pipeline being women. There have been great strides to empower women at Mars, but we know [...]