Maintenance Supervisor (3rd Shift)
Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The Somerset, Kentucky, facility opened in 2005, and is a dynamic and fast-paced plant with more than 350 team members, all intensely focused on improving production systems and overall efficiency. UGN Somerset is a 300,000 square foot manufacturing facility, the first to produce the Ultra-Light™ acoustic carpet system. Throughout the years, the Somerset plant has received many health and safety awards, including the “Perfect Record Award” from the National Safety Council, and the Manpower Safety Partner Award. In 2011, it also was awarded the Honda Green Factory Achievement Award for Recognition of Green Factory Activities in the area of Conservation of Natural Resources.
UGN's Somerset facility has promoted 69% of Front Line Leaders from Operator positions. If you are looking for a great career with growth potential please APPLY TODAY!
This is a 3rd shift position working Sunday through Thursday from 10:45 p.m. to 7:15 a.m. EST.
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees all repairs, projects, preventive and predictive maintenance. Is also responsible for plant services, utilities, stores building and janitorial equipment and security needs. Provides for the continuing improvement of equipment and facility.
- Coordinate maintenance of buildings, grounds, machinery and support equipment; plan all scheduled repairs.
- Supervise all Maintenance Shift Team Members including temporary cleaners.
- Supervise and manage storeroom operations.
- Direct all plant emergencies including, but not limited to, fires, storm damage, chemical spills and major mechanical failures.
- Supervise and manage all machinery improvements.
- Develop and implement predictive maintenance.
- Develop and implement training programs.
- Institute Safety and E.I. Programs.
- Insure the timely, high quality and safe completion of maintenance projects and repairs.
- Maintain time and work order records.
- Assist other departments when necessary.
- Perform activities of workers supervised as necessary.
- Directly supervises Team Members in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree (B. S.) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university; and five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer candidates with experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in a manufacturing plant.
- Desire strong electrical and mechanical aptitude as well as troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, leadership and decision making skills required.
- Must have basic electrical and hydraulic knowledge, mechanical aptitude and ability to read and understand blue prints.
If you drive a Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Subaru, Lexus, Acura or Infiniti then you have our product in your vehicle. Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nihon Tokushu Toryo Co. Ltd., (Nittoku) and Autoneum Holding AG, UGN, Inc., is the preferred producer of high-quality acoustic, interior trim, [...]