MF2600: Machinist Second/Third Shift
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
Infrastructure Solutions is the world’s largest handheld hydraulic tool manufacturer and we’re a worldwide market leader. We deliver over 150 handheld hydraulic tools and over 30 mounted impact tools. And these are the tools that build your world.
This position requires mastering the machinist series positions and the operation of large HBM (Horizontal Boring Machine) and VMC (Vertical Milling Center) CNC machine centers. Position is responsible for the machining of large parts in the manufacturing process of heavy hydraulic attachments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create high quality parts from various metals.
- Safe machine operation including Vertical Milling Center and Horizontal Boring Machine.
- Conduct light maintenance in assigned machine area.
- Understand 5 S and sustain its purpose.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must follow instructions from fellow machinists and department supervisors.
In addition to all “Trainee” major job functions:
- Ability to properly machine and set up large parts on one large CNC VMC machine.
- Ability to use all measuring tools (calipers, inside, outside mics, bore gauges etc.).
- Ability to safely rig and set up parts on at least one CNC VMC machining center.
- Proper documentation of inspection forms.
In addition to all Class C major job functions:
- Ability to run at least two or more large HBM/VMC CNC machines.
- Ability to set up any tooling using the pre-setter and set up equipment necessary for any assigned job.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
In addition to all Class B major job functions:
- Ability to identify, set up, and troubleshoot any problems which may occur in the machining process with no supervision.
- Ability to inspect and reject components that don’t meet engineering criteria.
- Proper reporting of cost of quality areas.
- Must be able to set up and operate three or more HBM/VMC CNC machines.
- Must be able to work with R&D, Production, Engineering on all new products and document each machining procedure accurately.
- Must be able to follow all machining prints and B/Ms for all products.
- Must be able to locate parts, prints, B/Ms and W.O.s by using computer system.
- Must be able to communicate fully with supervisor and coworker on proceeding shift to ensure smooth transition.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proper safe use of all hand tools.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral machining procedures
- Ability to handle all materials safely using a jib hoist overhead crane and fork lift.
- Knowledge of lifting devices (chains, straps, slings).
- Read and understand drill tap charts (SAE and metric).
- Ability to follow prints and B/M for all shears and universal processors for basic machining.
- Ability to troubleshoot all machining problems and solve them.
- Ability to coordinate work with all other manufacturing shops to insure timely completion of attachments.
- Continuous standing.
- Seldom walking, climbing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, carrying or reaching above head.
- Intermittent lifting/lower 1-15 pounds, use of hoist for 25 pounds or greater.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of advanced education in machining preferred.
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.