Perform duties involved in setting up and operating automatic blanking, heat treat forming and robotic tig welding of various size holesaws
- Work from priorities provided, travelers, written or verbal instructions. Setup robotic and semi auto tig welders of various size. Load shell & cups onto robotic pallet or manually load into tig welder chuck. Start automatic cycle to weld. Visually inspect each saw for quality of weld. Adjust speed, length and position of stroke, seam current and cup current for proper heat. Position welding head and change tungsten tips as required using setting gauge according to established procedure. Rework or scrap any saw found to be out of spec
- Check the quality of each holesaw for total roundness, weld height, weld penetration
- Degrease cup when necessary working from travelers and record data according to established procedure.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a neat and clean condition. Report any discrepancies, equipment malfunctions, defective material or other unusual situations to the Foreman.
- Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations and practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands and changing priorities.
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- 1-2 years experience preferred
- Use of numbers including decimals
- Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.