Transportation Logistics Coordinators are responsible for building and routing daily Truckload and Less than Truckload (LTL) moves throughout the Supply Chain. On a daily basis, they work cross-functionally with various people and departments within the company – Inventory, Distribution Centers, and Merchandising – as well as our customers and specific, approved carrier network to ensure corporate goals for corporate efficiency and customer satisfaction are being met and exceeded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Efficiently plans and executes the deploying and routing of product throughout the Supply Chain, including inbound to DC from Vendor, and outbound DC to Store. Plan and route shipments to destination to the planned due date based on orders dropped into the Transportation Management System. Utilize the data in the TMS system to choose the service level needed at the optimum cost for Advance Auto Parts.
- Plan all outbound store delivery orders while meeting precise delivery times (PDTs), maximizing trailer cube and minimizing miles driven while also reducing empty miles
- Responsible for approximately $25MM+ in annual freight spend. Prepare reports and explain financial performance related to managed freight.
- Perform “what if” routing analysis and continually strive to find efficient ways to route and reduce transportation costs
- Monitor compliance flags for carriers load, tender and acceptance to ensure timely delivery. Monitor domestic shipments and alert Replenishment and merchandising if shipping exceeds the Required Ship Day or delivery exceeds the Required Delivery Day.
- Procure freight, identify transportation requirements, handle freight bid negotiations and make carrier selection
- Establish routing guides for all new inbound business to ensure lowest cost and greatest revenue while maintaining excellent service
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with carriers, receivers, and company distribution centers
- Assist Transportation leadership with pre-audit/payment corrections to the file and carrier aging reports to ensure prompt payment of freight invoices.
- Work with vendors to ensure the core carrier program is followed to improve DC and load efficiency.
- Monitor carrier compliance to delivery schedules, capture metrics and prepare reports for the Director Logistics to review with carriers to ensure proper service levels.
- Develop and Manage business using key performance indicators (KPI’s) recommending corrective actions to Operations Team for low performing carriers
- Develops and presents scorecards for carrier and transportation performance. Analyzes and publishes results.
- Manage and direct any tracing requests or inquiries from system users ensuring follow-up and communication to caller.
- Prepare freight claims and work with carriers on resolution and payment.
- Work with AAP Supply Chain Reliability team and vendors to ensure the core carrier program is followed to improve DC and load efficiency.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as directed by Supervision.
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays when corporate schedule demands
- Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- College degree or 3+ years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good organizational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Highly analytical with ability to understand/resolve complex operational issues involving numerous, ever-changing variables and constraints
- Ability to identify new methods/processes, determine impact and develop implementation plan
- Ability to identify/communicate system issues quickly and effectively
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Proficient in TMS, specific to JDA fleet management,
- Team oriented leadership experience
- Experience in warehouse shipping/receiving, supply chain, general freight hauling, direct store delivery and backhauling transportation operations
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Advance Auto Parts creates opportunities for women in an inclusive environment. One example of this is through our best in class Women in Motion Network (WIMN). In addition to having an extensive support network of both men and women, WIMN is involved in community volunteer activities, health and [...]