1. Act as a strategic partner in supporting the business and ensure provision of accurate, timely, and reliable legal advice.
2. Supervise the work of external counsel on all litigation and ensure timely alignment of the business and alignment on decisions.
3. Supervise all internal investigations and ensure consistency of recommended action in line with precedent and schedule of penalties.
4. Research and provide timely legal advice to all functions in relation to all civil and criminal queries.
5. Implement company’s policies and provide support to all other functions in relation to documentation required for the implementation of company policies and processes.
6. Work with Control to ensure that appropriate processes are in place and are revisited and revised to meet business needs and challenges.
7. Provide training to the business as per the agreed legal to business training schedules on Anti-Bribery, Competition Laws, OFAC, etc.
8. Interface with Region and Corporate functions on initiatives, reporting, and sharing best practices.
9. Contribute to the development of more junior team members.
10. Attend management meetings and audit committee meetings when required and provide legal support to functions during said meetings.
11. Supporting Compliance & Ethics agenda.
12. Supporting Commercial Unit (CU) Control Environment Committee, on initiatives, investigations, speak ups, etc., as requested.
13. Recommending, organizing and conducting technical training sessions to the Legal Function.
14. Provide general support to CU Senior Legal Director.
15. Be one of the possible benches for CU Senior Legal Director.
- Bachelor of Law is required. Masters of Law is a plus.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a multinational company or corporate legal firm is required.
- Excellent knowledge of local laws and criminal and civil procedures.
- Knowledge of international standards of practice; ability to prioritize tasks based on business need.
- Experience in corporate compliance regulations; experience in drafting reviewing and negotiating all kinds of contracts, and experience in dealing with suppliers, customers and different stakeholders are required.
- Fluency in spoken & written Arabic & English is required.
- Ability to prioritize a large workload to meet business needs.
- Ability to lead diverse teams across different geographic locations.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate across the CU and with regional and corporate functions.
- excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- High integrity and business ethics.
- Ability to anticipate contractual issues and plan for them in each contract, by questioning and analyzing date and information.
- Leadership and negotiation capabilities.
Job Type: Regular
PepsiCo is a leading global food and beverage company. Go just about anywhere and you'll find us. Our products are available in more than 200 countries and territories around the world and our portfolio includes 22 brands that each generates more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. At [...]