BE authentic. BE influential. BE the expert. Be all that and more at Colliers International. Join our team as a Legal Assistant in New York, USA.
At Colliers International, we help leaders succeed by helping them build amazing workplaces, businesses and communities around the world. We do this by thinking differently, sharing innovative ideas and offering a unique and collaborative workplace where you can succeed.
Who you are
You will be responsible for providing legal administrative support relating to commercial brokerage services. You will be responsible for all support of and tasks required by two lawyers within the Colliers New York office. You will work constantly within a complex filing system and be well versed in contracts, leases and other legal documents to store data. You are a computer savvy administrator who enjoys working with Excel and the Microsoft Suite as well as shared drive systems.
What you bring
- Degree from an accredited university.
- 1-3 years of legal experience.
- Knowledge of general commercial law and real estate agreements & transactions preferred.
- In-house experience (particularly within the commercial real estate or professional services industry) preferred but not required.
- Strong business support acumen and strategic thinker.
Bonus skills and experience
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Possess strong organizational, time management and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
What success looks like
- You will successfully provide legal administrative support, using your excellent judgement and administrative skillset to actively support legal professionals. You will become a trusted advisor to our New York Brokerage professionals to assist them in reaching their goals.
Direct applicants only please, no agencies.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.