Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
What is the SLP?
The Stanley Black & Decker Leadership Development Program (“SLP”) is a comprehensive, competency-based program designed to develop the next generation of Stanley Black & Decker leaders. This multi-year program offers high-potential early-career associates the opportunity to complement quality work experiences with exposure to challenging learning and development experiences. The program offers invaluable experiences for associates seeking an opportunity to jump-start their careers. This high-profile opportunity will provide a great deal of company-wide exposure and professional growth.
The Talent Acquisition Partner & Communications Specialist position is a high visibility, high impact role with responsibility for sourcing, assessing and delivering well qualified professional and managerial candidates. This individual will perform full lifecycle recruiting while guiding hiring managers and candidates through the selection process. This position will work closely with the team to implement and continuously improve processes and tools focused on increasing value and providing highly effective recruiting support to internal clients. Successful candidates will possess near and long-term recruiting vision, business acumen and a passion for recognizing and assessing talent. You will own the candidate experience by acting as a company ambassador to internal and external candidates. The specialist will provide the development of communication needs for its employees and organizations within Stanley Hydraulics and Stanley Black & Decker.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Talent Acquisition Partner
- Experience building sourcing strategies using a variety of means including cold calling, leveraging internet resources, websites and social networking; creatively source and network with candidates while reducing fees to outside agencies.
- Provide complete, accurate and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position; ensure a high-quality candidate experience through exceptional communication and timely candidate follow-up.
- Consult with internal clients on staffing issues, interviewing techniques, hiring decisions and market data.
- Build a pipeline of talented candidates that fit the profile of the company's core competencies; review resumes and credentials for appropriateness of skills, knowledge and experience in relation to position requirements; create and present prescreening questions to hiring managers for collaboration and approval.
- Seek continuous improvements to enhance the capabilities of the process; implement positive changes by constructively overcoming resistance to change.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to partner at every level of the organization.
- Provide essential communications to all levels of the organization
- Draft and send division communications (promotions, news stories, etc.) on behalf of Division President.
- Build and Maintain strong relationships with Corporate Executives as well as Division Executives.
- Format, develop and finalize PowerPoint presentations for corporate executives which align with corporate standards.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in full cycle recruiting/HR experience required
- Excellent customer focus with the ability and desire to work with HR colleagues, hiring managers, candidates and search firms
- Executive presence, professional demeanor, and strong business acumen.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad range of positions and geographies; experience recruiting in Operations, Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Finance is highly preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Strong Organizational skills
We provide women at Stanley Black & Decker with an environment where they are empowered to:
- Pursue career advancement opportunities.
- Achieve leadership positions.
- Have access to resources to support their professional development.
As an employee at Stanley Black & Decker, you can join a local Chapter of the Stanley Black & Decker Women's Network! Also, follow us on Twitter here:[email protected]_women
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.