Purpose of JobPromotes a risk-awareness to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance based initiatives. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls. including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Manages risk assessment data, and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Directs and oversees multiple initiatives in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives on behalf of the business including but not limited to: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product controls, supplier governance, or quality governance.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in more than one key area (e.g. Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) data and Business Controls Management and applies a holistic understanding of risk and regulatory compliance to influence business strategies and solutions.
- Hold responsible for first line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage untapped resources across the enterprise to improve and strengthen the control environment through actionable insights.
- Designs solutions for unanswered business questions and anticipates future business needs.
- Directs, organizes and oversees action plans designed to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Influences and develops innovative solutions to mitigate risk and prevent risk exposures which result in significant business impacts.
- Manages the most complex projects involving cross-functional areas within the first line of defense.
- Defines and outlines new approaches to problem resolution, and leads project team from concept through implementation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses.
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary resource to cross functional team members and advises on risk mitigation opportunities.
- Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- Bachelor's Degree or 12+ years of operations experience
- 8 or more years of operations experience in a relevant functional area to include financial services, insurance, banking, investment, information technology, public accounting or other related operational area that supports risk/compliance initiatives within the business
- Expert knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources
- Expert knowledge in operational risk and controls execution in Banking industry
- Familiarity with Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) software to manage risk and control documentation.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
At USAA, you’ll find a welcoming environment where everyone has a true passion for our mission. Our employees are immersed in a culture that profoundly embraces the service and sacrifices made by those we serve – the U.S. military and their families.