This position is responsible for engineering, supporting, and administering Tala’s telephony environment, including VoIP Infrastructure, Asterisk PBXs, Five9 call center systems, and call recording systems. This resource will be part of a team responsible for daily operations of all voice systems to maintain a quality, high-available voice experience which includes supporting architecture tasks and with working Recoveries and Operations departments in strategizing and implementing to a Unified Communications platform.
Day-to-day operations will include ensuring user network equipment like VOIP hardware, Meraki hardware, PABX servers, softphones, network connectivity are highly available.
What you'll do:
- Day-to-day operations to ensure Five9 Dialer system maintains a 99.99% uptime
- Day-to-day operations to ensure the entire Asterisk environment maintains a 99.99% uptime
- Day-to-day operations to ensure the Call recording, monitoring and health metrics (CPU, RAM and HDD) maintains a 99.99% uptime and right thresh-hold
- Design and configures IVR call routing
- Perform Add/Move/Change telephony configuration requests for agents performing inbound and outbound calls
- Ensure compliance with all voice procedures including IVR, Inbound voice calls
- Resolve network and telephony problems as raised by agents via internal helpdesk and escalate internally or to appropriate vendors.
- Monitor all voice activity for problems; diagnoses and resolves problems according to procedure
- Escalate problems to the appropriate levels necessary
- Develop and maintain documentation related to Asterisk configuration, user manuals for agents support and other related documentation touching on telephony.
- Deployment of telecommunication access circuits (PRI, POTS, T1, Broadband)
- Integrate additional SIP providers on to existing PABX infrastructure
- Proactively seek to improve PABX performance from a network aspect allowing for better contact rate with customers
- Routinely perform optimization tasks in the PABX, including among other tasks, outgoing number randomization.
- Perform telephony and networking assistance in other Tala global offices including Philippines, Mexico and India
- Advise on vendor selection, due diligence and support with technology implementation efforts as needed
What you need:
- Working knowledge of access network issues that impact VoIP performance as well as their measurement and analysis
- A strong working knowledge of data communications and Internet protocols including: TCP/IP/UDP
- Must know access methods including Wimax, Fibre, MPLS, and other technologies used in SIP implementation
- Aptitude in Network issues diagnosis, administration, and resolution
- Familiarity of call center environments, both inbound and outbound supporting remote locations.
- PBX, SIP, Autodialer configuration expert
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.4 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has [...]