Tala’s Recoveries Manager will be responsible for managing the Recoveries team with ~1-3 Team Leads as direct reports and ~40 agents total). In addition to managing individual and team performance metrics, the Recoveries Manager will also design strategies for Kenya recoveries team to meet and sustain performance so as to hit company’s portfolio targets.
- Exceed country-level recovery rate and cure rate targets on a monthly basis
- Maintain cost/$ collected within designated parameters
- Keep team attrition rate below acceptable threshold
- Create quantifiable growth path plans for agents & team leads
- Develop consistent, accurate, timely reporting on key individual and team metrics.
- 5 years of collections experience
- 3 years in a supervisory/people management role
- Strong experience with autodialer/collections call center technology
- Strong demonstrated analytical/business reporting experience (Excel, SQL, or any other biz. reporting tools)
- Proven success with staff training/coaching, quality assurance, business process improvement, and workforce planning
- Using data-driven decision making to manage teams to KPIs
- Experience managing third party collections vendors (EDCs)
- Experience implementing collections CRM/debt collections systems
- Experience working with an international, distributed team
- Experience working across functions to drive customer-focused change
Tala is a mission-driven mobile technology and data science company that’s opening up financial access for underserved people globally. Tala’s smartphone app uses alternative data to deliver instant credit and help customers build their financial identities. Unlike traditional credit scoring, Tala's proprietary underwriting models draw on thousands of mobile data points including network diversity, social connectedness, geographic patterns, and financial transactions to score customers in real time, without a need for formal credit history. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Kenya, India, Mexico and Phillipines.
Tala is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and in 2019 Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by Forbes, the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.4 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has [...]