Drive product initiatives in emerging markets for the purpose of unlocking financial access, choice, and control for the underserved. Join a cross-functional squad of team members to develop and deliver force multiplying platform-based solutions.
Specifically, the mission of the Platform Product Management team is:
We provide a set of amplifying technologies (software and services) that enable our developers to build great applications and empower our teammates to provide exceptional service and experiences to the financially underserved.
- Maintain priorities, ship product, deliver on KPIs and develop deep product expertise within a cross-functional team.
- Areas of ownership include:
- Developing global tools, services and modules used by internal users
- Working with global country managers to implement partner integrations that support transactions
- Develop a strong understanding of context (across markets) of our internal tools to optimize for efficiency, productivity, and team morale.
- Be the team champion to ensure team alignment, advocate product and be the subject matter expert for our internal tools.
- Global travel may be required
- 3 - 7 or more years product experience, preferably in any of the following: platform/SaaS products, emerging markets, payments
- Background in third party payment and transaction platforms a strong plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with experience shipping platform products
- Effective communicator that can listen, surface timely questions as well as motivate others
- Curiosity and knowledge of technical and product innovation and trends
- Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “customer first”.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.4 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has [...]