BARK is sniffing around for a talented Jr. Merchandiser for our Retail team. You will work out of our NYC office and will assist in bringing retail product lines from the ideation phase to a reality in store. They will focus on assisting in the execution of treat and toy lines, endcap presentations, and the logistics required to make it all happen. As in-store presence grows, a strong candidate could grow to oversee more responsibilities.
- Assist in the execution of product lines for retail partners from brainstorm to on shelf
- Track, organize, and maintain inbound pre-production samples
- Vendor Outreach: Communicate clearly and professionally with vendors, and retail partners regarding:
- Production timelines, product costs, item specs, etc.
- Approach new product brainstorms with enthusiasm and out of the box ideas
- Partner with our packaging and sourcing team to ensure product info on collateral is accurate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required; At least 5 years of vertical merchandising or product line management required
- Experience managing diverse cross functional and multi-level teams on project scope and delivery
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills
- Fully proficient skills in assortment planning, retail acumen, marketplace knowledge, consumer knowledge and line planning.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight. Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements
- Proven ability to ideate and apply creative thinking, including retail execution, and visual presentation development
- Serve as a leader on team to influence others to gain support for merchant-led initiatives and assortment decisions
We're dog people. Crazy dog people. BARK (that's us) launched in 2012 with BarkBox, our monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more then 40 million of our favorite things to the dogs in our pack, and we've used that accumulated expertise to create our own products, experiences, and content.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
We are obsessed with making dogs, and the people who love them, happy. If this requires giving belly scratches until we get carpal tunnel or listening to squeaky toys until our ears bleed, that’s cool. We are the pups and people behind: • BarkBox, the monthly box of toys and [...]