We are looking for a curious, inventive, and forward thinker to join our Global University Programs as a Junior Instructional Designer, and participate in the creation of the next generation IBM digital offerings for academia.
The primary responsibility of the Junior Designer is to support the Curriculum Development Leader and/or the Senior Visual Designer Designer in the development of promotions and marketing campaigns. You will work under the supervision of the Curriculum Leader on multiple projects, supporting the production work on established designs and placing copy in layouts. Junior Designers should have extensive knowledge of MS Powerpoint, MS Word, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and should be familiar with image compression, file correction, and optimization techniques.
The emphasis will be working the following activities:
- Design creative materials according to instruction provided
- Learn and maintain established structure for building and storing files.
- Translate IBM values, philosophies and principles into digital experience
- Observe and learn best practices for digital design.
- Design effectively for digital experiences: web, social, mobile.
- Manage multiple project plans and deliverables.
- Track time on a daily basis.
- Receive and incorporate feedback from internal teams.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Retouch creative materials (as necessary).
- Make text corrections to creative materials (as requested).
- Possess a working knowledge of design technologies and a desire for continuing education.
- Interact with internal teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 0-3 years of experience in digital design
- Solid understanding and proven experience in MS office and Adobe suite (specially Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- BA in a design/marketing
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]