Are you a skilled graphic designer who loves working collaboratively within a larger creative team? Can you match the pantone color of your dog’s fur without even checking your swatchbook? Is your love of hand-drawn typography rivaled only by your love of corgi butts? We need you! We’re sniffing around for a Junior Graphic Designer in our New York City office. BARK is a fast-growing company for people who absolutely love dogs. The Junior Graphic Designer will work on a team of creatives who are responsible for evolving our visual identity and producing high-quality print and digital designs that convey the personality and experience of the BARK brand.
- Conceptualize, design, and execute creative projects on schedule and according to brand guidelines.
- Scope of work includes but is not limited to: packaging and print collateral, e-commerce and digital design including display ads, emails, etc, in-store retail displays, event signage, branding and logo design.
- Coordinate with art director and product managers to affirm marketing objectives, discuss effective creative solutions, and ensure brand consistency and high standards of creative execution for the development of visual materials.
- Push brand identity forward and maintain design standards.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies
- A self-starter who’s equally comfortable working solo or collaboratively on part of a larger project.
- Needs to be as fluent in functional design as they are in visual storytelling.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Adobe After Effect a plus!
- Imaginative and fast-thinking with the ability to create engaging designs that communicate, inform, and persuade.
- Able and willing to work in a collaborative environment and adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Keen understanding of typography, color, graphics, and layout.
- Head over heels in ruv with pups!
We're dog people. Crazy dog people. BARK (that's us) launched in 2012 with BarkBox, our monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more then 40 million of our favorite things to the dogs in our pack, and we've used that accumulated expertise to create our own products, experiences, and content.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
We are obsessed with making dogs, and the people who love them, happy. If this requires giving belly scratches until we get carpal tunnel or listening to squeaky toys until our ears bleed, that’s cool. We are the pups and people behind: • BarkBox, the monthly box of toys and [...]