We’re looking for a Fraud Analyst to help manage fraud risk across all our markets, with a focus on new market entry and the use of new data sources. In this role, you will analyze data to identify scalable fraud prevention solutions and make recommendations for change. You’ll also have an opportunity to investigate individual suspicious cases. You will report to the VP of Credit & Risk Analytics, and collaborate closely with partner teams including growth, data, and engineering.
- Use behavioral and application data to make decisions on individual loan applications that are escalated for suspected fraud
- Analyze our data and consider the tradeoffs of different fraud prevention approaches to make fraud rule or product recommendations
- Partner with technical teams to prioritize and deploy recommendations; monitor effectiveness of recommendations
- Monitor and report on portfolio fraud levels and trends
- Provide feedback on model performance and fraud trends to data science team
- Proficient in SQL or R
- 1-2 years working experience in an analytical fraud role at a technology or financial services company
- Bachelor's degree in any field which requires logically creative thinking
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technical communications skills
Preferred Skills & Experience (a.k.a. If you are our dream candidate, you probably have):
- Experience in coding (Python, MATLAB)
- Interest in payments, fintech and technology
- Ability to absorb vast quantities of information in short periods of time
- Proven ability to make logical and commercial decisions based on partial data and under time pressure
- Live an active life with multiple activities, because you can always rest later
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala (formerly InVenture) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
Tala is backed by Data Collective (DCVC), Lowercase Capital (Chris Sacca), Google Ventures, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture & impact investors. Fast Company ranked InVenture as the World’s Most Innovative Money Company in 2015 and our work has been highlighted by Wired UK, Forbes, the Economist, Vodafone, TED and many others.