The position requires someone who is self-motivated, has a strong technical background, and possesses great communication skills. Responsibilities of this position include: reviewing, analyzing, and supporting our applications. This position works closely with Business Analysts, Project Managers, business users, managers, and other Information Services resources to maintain and customize these mission-critical systems.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains and supports JIRA and Confluence implementations
- Responsible for all aspects of application and system administration, including troubleshooting user issues, configuring user accounts, workflows, custom fields, dashboards, reports, scripting, etc.
- Assists with system maintenance and upgrades
- Participates in research, design and implementation of new system features and/or plugins
- Documents system design, configuration and user training guides
- Assists with user training sessions
- Requires minimal supervision on small to medium scale projects
- Works closely with business users to identify new business needs and/or process issues and recommends process improvements based on those needs
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence administration
- Candidates should possess 3-7 years’ experience in technology related field - supporting, developing and/or integrating multiple enterprise systems
- Must possess ability to multitask, prioritize and work with multiple users and applications while maintaining a professional attitude
- Must be willing and able to change direction during development as requirements and priorities change
- Must possess strong understanding of the business processes behind the applications
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills across teams and levels of organization
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Knowledge of server, networking and database troubleshooting techniques using command line and SQL tools such as SQL management studio
- Experience with Groovy scripting
- Experience supporting Linux environments
- Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done and learn new methodologies
- Must show a desire to seek out solutions to problems rather than immediately ask for help
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities
Travel Requirements: Limited upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.