We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The IT team is responsible for the infrastructure and services that Datadog employees around the world use on a daily basis to successfully do their jobs. This means managing thousands of devices, Identity and Access Management, services like G Suite, Slack, Zoom as well as our network infrastructure and AV setups in our offices.
As an IT Systems Engineer for the IT team, you will help us move faster and more efficiently by automating manual processes, building new tools and managing our most complex systems. Datadog is scaling very quickly and we need your help!
- Build tooling to automate common and/or repetitive tasks
- Create connections between disparate cloud services using APIs to integrate their data
- Own and manage business critical cloud infrastructure and applications
- Build policies and scripts to support thousands of corporate-owned devices and provide secure access for employee-owned iPhones and Android devices
- Secure various SaaS and PaaS offerings
- Work with security teams to support compliance efforts
- Experience in core project languages (Golang & Python)
- You are extremely technical and love automating things
- You have managed large Apple deployments
- You are experienced with G Suite, Github, Slack and the like
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You want to work in a fast pace, high growth startup environment
- You have worked with identity management in a high growth startup with an emphasis on the public cloud
- You have worked closely with a security team and with compliance efforts
- You love to manage the state of systems with Ansible/Chef
- You have experience working in and managing infrastructure in a cloud environment (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- There are few things you love more than a good API