The purpose of this position is to answer incoming calls from TD Ameritrade associates requesting incident resolution assistance or information regarding access to, or operation of TD Ameritrade technology solutions. The primary objective of this position is to provide first tier technical support for multiple product offerings to internal associates via internal call queue.
This is a 1-2 year internship opportunity for a current college student.
The Service Desk Analyst Intern will learn to identify and solve simple to complex technical product issues of low to medium severity regarding access to, or operation of technology solutions. The strengths of the Service Desk tecnicians are their ability to provide excellent customer service to all TDAmeritrade associates while educating, analyzing and resolving incidents for all TD Ameritrade associates. They also must have the ability to determine when and where complex issue should be escalated if a resolution by the Service Desk analyst is not possible.
- Provide first tier technical support for multiple product offerings to internal associates via internal call queue.
- Provide quality customer service when interacting with all associates.
- Identify and handle challenging issues that may require escalation based on internal protocol or issues that are of a sensitive/confidential nature.
- Create incident cases to track reported issues with consistency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Monitor department work item console for work objects; process or forward to appropriate technology groups as required, following applicable approval policies.
- Achieve and maintain various individual performance targets associated with Service Level Management for the Department.
- Enhance and develop quality support methods and communication skills through coaching feedback and other developmental approaches.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to associates.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Service Desk.
- Assist in special project related issues as needed.
- Must be a current college student in pursuit of a 4 year degree, preferably in technology or math
- Thorough understanding of Windows XP/ Win7 desktop OS.
- Thorough understanding of MS Office
- Thorough understanding of electronic mail systems.
- Thorough understanding of Remote Access solutions and protocols.
- Thorough understanding of software products including Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Office Suite, and TD Ameritrade-proprietary applications.
- Strong knowledge of PC components and peripheral equipment, their functionality and typical behavior.
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities evidenced by organized, analytical thinking.
- Good knowledge of Service Desk policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of Remedy Incident Management, Change Management and Service Request Management applications; their associated workflows, approval processes and any custom in-house workflow specifics that may apply.
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, to facilitate interactions with Service Desk personnel, business customers, members of other Thinktech organizational areas.
- ITIL certification a plus
- Technology certifications a plus (i.e. MCP, A+, etc.)
TD Ameritrade is a leading organization that has provided premier brokerage and investment services for over 40 years. Listed as one of Forbes’ "Global 2000" companies, TD Ameritrade offers a full spectrum of investment services, including a leading active trader program, intuitive long-term [...]