IT Asset Analyst
IT Asset Analyst
Portland, OR preferred (other potential locations Seattle/ Tacoma, WA or Salt Lake City, UT)
Responsibilities & Requirements
The IT Asset Analyst will be responsible for proactively managing corporate assets and non-technology investments throughout their lifecycles in order to improve productivity, maintain compliance, maximize return on investment and reduce costs for technology assets.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for hardware asset tracking to include the receiving, tagging, scanning/tracking, reconciliation, and disposal. Recommends how and when to dispose of the assets.
- Responsible for software asset management including renewal and retirement, tracking of annual spend, and identification of areas for savings. Makes recommendations and assists in the decision to renew or retire software.
- Develops and continually refines software license compliance and reuse process. Negotiates with user to determine when software can be reused versus purchased new.
- Advises IT groups and other departments on technology usage rights to ensure proper use and utilization, accuracy in volumes for contracting purposes and compliance with existing contract terms
- Determines when assets/products are redundant and should be eliminated or reduced.
- Establishes and maintains chargeback and inventory control processes.
- Plans, directs and coordinates Asset Management activities in accordance with DTS policies, procedures and standards across multiple locations.
- Maintains asset control and inventory management process to track accountability, identification, location, maintenance, and life cycle status.
- Develops, implements and communicates policies and procedures for asset acquisition, preservation and protection, deployment, technology refresh and disposition.
- Participates in the negotiation of new and renewing license agreements. Participates in the management of purchase and lease vendor relationships.
Your professional experience and education includes:
- Demonstrated analytic ability to see trends and suggest changes.
- Ability to prioritize and handle concurrent tasks. This includes demonstrated organization skills and ability to perform duties with little supervision.
- Excellent follow through on action items and a keen attention to detail to complete complex tasks.
- Ability communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, team members, coworkers, support groups, and end-users.
- Ability to diplomatically manage conflict in order to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of software business issues, including software contracts, software licensing mechanisms, and supplier sales and marketing tactics.
- Ability to work closely with internal and external auditors, finance, all business areas and other IT groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Finance, Business or related field and 8 years broad experience in IT, Finance or Process Improvement and at least 5 years’ experience in asset management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Remedy, Aspera SmartTrack and discovery tool (SCCM, ADDM and Casper) a plus.
This position is posted at levels II or III DOE.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]