StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
The Inventory & Supply Strategy Manager (Sports) will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report into General Manager (Sports).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the genre Leadership Team, will manage the supply and fulfillment efforts, and supporting team members, for the Sports genres, to include NFL/NBA/NHL or MLB/NCAA/Other sports. Will develop a strategic supply plan to support business goals. Will track competitive landscape and identify gaps in StubHub’s supply position. Will develop an in-depth understanding of how inventory is distributed in the ecosystem and which partnerships need to be prioritized at any point in time to secure access to critical inventory. Will prioritize upcoming events and the business supply needs and recommend rebalancing of inventory focus. Will manage ongoing relationships with strategic sellers and use incentives levers to influence partner performance. Will provide Supply expertise around inventory acquisition and operational execution. Will execute improvements to policy and process that deliver value for StubHub. Will support long-term development of best-in-class listing and inventory management tools.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience managing risk across a portfolio of assets (Experience as a market-maker is a plus)
- Background in capital markets, quantitative finance, portfolio management, risk management
- Exceptional qualitative analysis skills
- Strong Excel skills a must
- Experience negotiating deals and contracts
- A high energy, results-oriented and resourceful leader who is capable of quickly taking control of his/her responsibilities and establishing himself/herself as a credible strategic partner
- Highly effective communicator with ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage team, peers and senior level leaders
- Strong project management skills, successful teaming up with colleagues, while being focused on strong results
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and improvement opportunities
- Attention to detail; strong contracting/negotiation skills; and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude are required to manage the variety of responsibilities and deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, even amid potential ambiguity
- Deep passion for sports & entertainment industry with general understanding of the ticketing ecosystem
At StubHub, our mission is simple: help fans find fun. We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists and introduce them to the ones they'll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android. Offering a superior fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our industry firsts include the introduction of the first ticketing application, the first interactive seat mapping tool and the first live entertainment rewards program, Fan Rewards™. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA, plus AEG, AXS and Spectra Ticketing & Fan Engagement. With the acquisition of Ticketbis in August 2016, throughout the world, StubHub provides the total end-to-end event going experience. For more information on StubHub, visit StubHub.com or follow @StubHub on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or YouTube.com/StubHub.
StubHub is the world’s largest ticket marketplace with tickets available for more than 10 million live sports, music and theater events in more than 40 countries. We enable fans to buy and sell tickets whenever and wherever they are through our desktop and mobile experiences.