We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
DICE.Sound is looking for a highly driven Sound Design Interns to work alongside their in-house team as they design and implement audio assets for high-profile, action-packed titles for PS4, Xbox One and PC. We want you to be passionate about making great games, be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator. We will expect you to demonstrate excellent sound creation skills and whilst some prior knowledge of game-creation is a bonus, it isn’t expected.
What Skills Does DICE Look For?
- Desire to develop game audio, audio production and engineering skills.
- Proficient with modern studio hardware, recording techniques, and software such as Pro Tools, Reaper, Sound Forge, Waves plugins, RX etc.
- Proficient with recording gear and techniques.
- Outstanding sound design skills and listening skills.
- Excellent team and communication skills.
- Strong artistic and creative sense.
- Knowledge of audio middleware, e.g. WWISE, FMOD, Unity etc. useful but not essential
- Knowledge of graphical audio programming, e.g. Reaktor, Max-MSP, Pure Data, useful but not essential
We Thought You Might Also Want To Know
This internship needs to be associated with a University education or any other type of education that has an internship period planned into the education plan. We are not able to provide relocation services for this role, so we will only consider candidates already residing in Sweden.
Please apply online with a CV and Cover Letter. Only applicants with a portfolio will be considered and you may be asked to perform a work assignment during the hiring process. This internship would preferably run from March to June 2019.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.