IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The GBS North America Internet of Things (IoT) organization is the recognized leader for delivering solutions to clients across all industries and verticals. We combine the latest technologies with the technical depth of IBM and our extensive network of partners to design and implement innovative solutions to our client. We are now expanding our team and looking for an Internet of Things (IoT) Technical Solution Architect who is a recognized authority in their area of expertise and have a proven track record of success.
The IoT Technical Solution Architect is responsible for translating the client's business requirements into specific system, application or process designs. This includes working with client personnel and executives to identify functional requirements and subsequently working with and leading others in the identification, justification and design of the client's solution. It also includes a wide range of design activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification.
As an IoT Technical Solution Architect, you will be expected to have hands-on technical skills of IoT products and technologies and experience of successfully implementing IoT solutions. This includes proficiency in the use of analytical solutions and cloud platforms as fundamental components of an IoT solution. In addition, you should possess a good comfort level to help clients understand how Internet of Things solutions may enable new business models, revenue streams and affect their competitive positioning.
- Create, contribute and present IBM's Internet of Things (IoT) Strategy and Industry Point of View to CXO level client executives
- Lead the design and development work of IoT solutions for clients
- Deliver IoT engagements
- Bid, manage or contribute to Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Engage in business development activities to close business opportunities
- Educate internal IBM Partners and Associates on IBM's IoT Strategy and Capabilities
Learn more about our IBM Consulting and Internet of Things services: ibm.com/services/us/business-consulting/digital-operations-internetofthings/
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years of experience demonstrating presentation skills and the ability to communicate with client management and executives
- At least 2 years of experience with IoT / Machine to Machine (M2M) solutions and demonstrating extensive knowledge of the IoT / M2M market and ecosystems
- At least 2 years of experience in at least one IoT solution area (i.e. connected vehicle, smart metering, home automation, e-health, asset tracking, smarter cities)
- At least 2 years of experience with at least one industry leading cloud platform (i.e. IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Salesforce)
- At least 2 years of experience with additional cloud-based solution types, such as analytics, data management, cognitive, mobile
- Experience estimating effort based on a set of business requirements
- Ability to architect and manage an end to end solution while being able to drill down into technical details and perform root cause analysis when required
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 5 years of experience demonstrating presentation skills and the ability to communicate with client management and executives
- At least 4 years of experience with IoT/Machine to Machine (M2M) solutions and demonstrating extensive knowledge of the IoT/M2M market and ecosystems with a focus on industry solutions
- At least 4 years of experience in at least one IoT solution area (connected vehicle, smart metering, home automation, e-health, asset tracking, smarter cities)
- Experience with advanced technologies such as Robotics / Automation, Drones, Wearables
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]